GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
The two sided slide lock is all one piece, and the right hand one depends on the left one engaging the magazine to function, does it not?
Moon
Ah, wasn't aware of it being one unit. Sorry, invalid suggestion on my part.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
"QUOTE"
With Glock's people don't seem to file their slide stops. Maybe they'll replace a slide stop but they don't seem to go to filling on them.

I do, I don't want the slide on my G29 locking back. !!!EVER!!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I live & hunt in BIG BEAR country. I carry a G29 when I hunt, also a 358 Norma magnum rifle. If I have to use the G29 I don't want the slide locking back when its the bear's lunch time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Been a IPSC member 36 yrs.
Several yrs back I found out the hard way re extended slide locks. I changed ALL of my Glocks back to OEM(small) slide locks.If you use the correct high grip on a Glock, you will surely lock the slide back at the wrong moment.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
USPSA/IDPA
Is the reason I altered my comp guns never to lock the slide back. Not good to have it lock back when the timer is going.

·
MacGyver
6,996 Posts
Causes of premature slide locking back (with rounds still in mag):

shooter thumb bumping the lever
Mis-installled parts after take down
weak or broken or mis-installed spring on the slide stop lever
Poor recoil control + thumb tapping the lever (ie: shooter thumb bumping the lever)
Elves or gremlins messing with your gun during firing
LSD
Magic
bad luck
bad camera angle
denial of shooter thumb bumping the lever

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep it's all one piece so you had me lost too for a minute. Thanks all for the thoughts and yes it is probably that rare event ... thumb bumping. I'll confirm after next time out to the range.

After checking my grip at home and noting the double sided slide lock I'd say it's even possible during recoil that the new right side slide lock could be hitting the web of my hand or close to the index finger knuckle joint or near the area between the thumb and index finger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
After a recent trip to the range and taking great care not to bump the slide lock on either side of my Gen 5 I'm fairly certain since it didn't lock this time that the issue was my knuckle or index finger hitting the right side slide lock.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
At least this isn't a real mystery, like the unwanted slide lock issues with the G42.
That was the bullet noses brushing the slide stop, which didn't happen reliably enough to diagnose it.
Moon

61 - 70 of 70 Posts