close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Preliminary Civilian Rankings for Northern Lakes Regional Classic XXI

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bryandover, Jul 24, 2012.

1. bryandover

bryandover

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

10.07 seconds on plates?

.08 away from an awesome score .

Maybe next time.

;)

3. bryandover

bryandover

If I start using a high low ready (aiming just blow the bar) like I have been seeing a lot I could do it. :upeyes:

4. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Congrats Bryan. My buddy Steve Z had a great shoot. I'm destined for mediocrity with a 5th place in AmCiv.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

I definitely saw a few doing that at Dawsonville too. I actually glanced over at a guy getting ready to shoot and I honestly thought he was taking a sight picture, and then the buzzer went off. Orlando is the only place I've been to that actually had a line spray painted on the grass where the shooter should be aiming if they were using "low ready". I only remember it being on 5tG for some reason. But anyway, I thought that was super simple and the only fair way to do it.

Looks like you still racked up:)

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Oh, you mean the cheater position. Forget RO cadence and whether we should have a "Stand by!", I want the ROs to stop the cheaters. That means fingers off the triggers too.:steamed:

7. SARDG

SARDG

You've never seen that at a stage I RO - nor will you or anyone else ever see it; but that's another thread.

The only consolation for you is that you can follow the rules and still beat folks. The poor shooters on the cusp are screwed by poor ROing - I won't say cheaters because some folks are just unaware and require RO guidance - which sometimes never comes.

I think I've run you at one single match - and I can't remember where. Orlando maybe.

8. bryandover

bryandover

Steven has got me enough at other matches.

9. SARDG

SARDG

I tried to raise my hand at the Friday RO briefing every time I thought something was or had been forgotten or overlooked. I did that to the point that Scott was about to throw me in the river at River Bend Gun Club. I cannot remember if either of us iterated OR reiterated the trigger issue - but Scott absolutely covered both the proper ready positions on Friday. I wasn't at the RO brief on Saturday or Sunday so have no idea what went on for those. It's why I'm pushing standardized, consistent RO training - but that's another thread...

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Hey, after the 1st warning, I have no problems with them being assessed a 10 second procedural.

11. SARDG

SARDG

Well Bama... you have the unique opportunity in Mobile to make a GSSF Match and the ROing a virtual touchstone; an example for proper match direction and RO training; the epitome of GSSF matches everywhere and the envy of all who follow.

12. SARDG

SARDG

I brought up Procedurals at the Friday briefing too. There are actual cheaters who feel entitled to start with their finger on the trigger - perhaps because they've done it for years in GSSF without a soul stopping them. But many newer shooters are simply unaware - and those folks usually respond well to 'finger' calls and ready position training.

ETA: BTW, I called AT LEAST 25-30 trigger finger violations in Dawsonville, and several ready position corrections. Can't speak for my colleagues.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  13. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Now that you say that, I did see a guy take a FULL sight picture and wait for the buzzer like that.

He was a first timer (i know because I was behind him in the registration line in mntana and heard his questions).

14. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I spent most of lunch drawing a diagram of the range, location of tents, barricades, safe areas, staff positions, etc... for the proposed set up and an alternate set up to include a pratice range and posiible 4th array of 'M and 5-to-G.
    Someone mentioned a line painted on the ground at another match. I believe our solution is an orange cone placed at the GSSF recommended distance from the shooting position.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

after the first time you tell then it is cheating.

16. SARDG

SARDG

It's likely his score affected no one anyway.

But since...

"The fundamental mission of GSSF is to introduce
    new shooters into the world of competitive shooting
    "

...ROs should introduce them properly to that world of competitive shooting where action pistol in all disciplines starts from some reasonable ready position (not pointing at the target), and with the finger off the trigger.

Not a very proper intro for newbs who may move on to other competitions, and only perpetuated by ROs who also don't know or who don't enforce those rules. Shame on them!

17. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

"The fundamental mission of GSSF is to introduce
    new shooters into the world of competitive shooting." SAFELY!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012