close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pregnant - Last Gun for a While I think

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ViennaGambit, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Don't even know where to begin - completely overjoyed yet pretty scared. My wife just told me shes pregnant :supergrin:

She is pretty adamant about us not telling anyone for a little while, superstitions and whatnot, but I had to share somewhere.

I am a history teacher and she is in non-profit so we are not swimming much extra cash, but don't have any debt other than car leases. Regardless, I feel like I need to curb my toy buying for a while to save for our baby...

With that said, I can't just quit cold turkey and been hankering for a .22LR so might just buy myself (and future baby) a conceiving gift of a Ruger Single Six and be done buying guns for a while. Sure would be cheap to shoot and a great first gun for my child to learn on one day :)

I cant believe shes pregnant and I'm going to be a father :)

This was a bit of a surprise and I'm scared ****less, but really really excited and happy - I was adopted so this will be my first "blood" relative :supergrin:

I guess its pretty odd posting such personal information on a forum, but just had to share somewhere until we start telling friends and family in a month or so.

Any sage advice?

2. MikeG36

MikeG36

Congrats! One of the best gifts a woman can give her husband. Do your best to hang on to your guns. I sold a bunch thinking it would help but in the end it didn't matter that much. Best wishes to you both.

3. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

My wife is pregnant as well but that's not stopping my Glock collection. I bought a G17 the day before we found out she was pregnant and just last week I picked up a G34 and and Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. The G19 is next! I think I'm going to pick up a Ruger 10/22 for the baby. ;)

By the way. My wife is still performing in competitive shooting on the weekends!

4. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Thank you very much and I agree - this is the best gift anyone could me :)

Thanks for the advice - I am pretty determined to keep all my guns I have now - I'm luckily at a good place to have my bases covered with CCW, hiking and fun guns - might sell an LCP and go back to the Jframe, but that is another matter altogether :cool:

Is it crazy that I feel instantly more grown up and mature. Im in shock I think.

5. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

That is awesome! I guess one really never has enough money for a child and you just find ways to make it work... At least that is what I'm telling myself :whistling:

I think a 10/22 is perfect for a first rifle - or bolt action .22LR!

Sounds like shooting will be in your baby's blood!

6. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

By the way, as a general rule... You will probably regret every gun you sell. I know I have. After selling 2 guns in my life, I have forever been on the lookout to buy them back.

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

congrats. get the Ruger .22. CHEAP to shoot.

8. bac1023

bac1023

9. hulk2k8

hulk2k8

Shooting is generally unwise when pregnant. Supposedly the vibrations can have a negative impact on the fetus. I'd advise checking with your OB before continuing.

10. hulk2k8

hulk2k8

OP, I have two kids. I bought and sold 7 guns in these part years as a father. Gun collecting will never stop, but the rest of your social and sex life has. Good luck and best wishes.

11. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

As a doctor myself, that's not quite true. A lot of the stuff they tell you not to do while pregnant is because no one knows what will happen during the pregnancy. And no one is going to test out these theories on pregnant women. There is no proof the "vibrations" from shooting are any different than vibrations while riding in a car or running. Thanks for the concern.

12. Valerko

Valerko

Congrats, don't worry about the addiction. Once you have baby in your arms ,priorities change.Not to mention you won't have as much time until they are older ( yes,they, you rarely stop at one ,lol)

13. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Thanks guys - good advice :)

14. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

rofl. Right. Dude relax. I just had my first child. We are in about the same $ situation. The gun money will come back in the future. You will so busy falling in love with your first child your won't even think about it. Until you see that once in a lifetime deal...time for some major mommy foot rubs. Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Breadman03

Breadman03

I'm giving 3 backrubs a week for payment.

16. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congratulations!

Get youself a .22 it will pay for itself real quick and, they are a lot of fun. A Single Six or a Mark II or, III would be an excellent choice.

17. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Congrats on baby and don't sell any guns because you now have even more reasons to be prepared:wavey:

18. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Now you have someone to teach how to shoot, let alone history.

19. thejellster05

thejellster05

I was just posting the same thing you were on here on New Years Eve this year!
    Congrats!

I've bought a Ruger Blackhawk (old not new model) and traded quite a few guns around since finding out. My son is due the end of August while it was always in the back of my mind (and she nagged me a little ;) it's just REALLY set in that theres going to be a baby in the last few months because when she starts showing is when it gets real (at least for me).

Rambling. But what I'm saying is, it sounds like you guys have way less debt than us and we are doing ok. So dont feel bad if you pick up a gun or two while shes pregnant.

CONGRATS!

20. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Thank you very much!

Wife just got home with another pregnancy test....

Here is a GlockTalk version of the results :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

[​IMG]