Preferred Holster - IWB - G30s

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by K Dubya, Mar 6, 2016.

1. K Dubya

K Dubya

Hey all! I know holsters have been a topic discussed in numerous posts, but figure everyone enjoys talking about their gear. So, I'll start an new one.

For those that carry a G30s (or 30 I suppose), what have you found to be the best holster? Right now I have a cheap Blackhawk neoprene one. While comfortable, I know that it is really a poor choice, and is barely above just shoving the gun in my waistband. I've found the 4 O'clock position works well for me, but would like to get to appendix carry. I'm really liking the G-Code INCOG. No, it's not because I'm a Haley fanboy. I'm really middle of the road on Travis; don't love him or hate him. But, he's the topic of a whole different conversation. So, anyone with INCOG experience with any firearm or model would be welcome as well. In particular with the INCOG, did you go full or half guard, and do you think you made the right decision?

Thanks and happy shooting!

2. stevedal12

stevedal12

Full without any doubt, I don't want the gun possibly against skin.

Edit: I have the Incog with full guard, like it a lot.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    K Dubya likes this.

3. M7425

M7425

I have Incogs for G23 and M&P 9c. The holsters are a solid product, however you are limited to IWB only. I've ordered a Kydex holster from Huckleberry Tactical that can do IWB with the Incog clips and be converted to OWB easily. Look at Billy's Traditional model. He can do a multitude of pistol models and Kydex colors.

http://www.huckleberrytacticalshop.com

Lots of pics on their FB page

https://m.facebook.com/huckleberrytactical/

4. STUMP1982

STUMP1982

Crossbreed Horsehide Super Tuck.

pspez likes this.
  5. JustinC25

JustinC25

Foxx hybrid in Horsehide.
    Awesome holster, super comfortable for all day (12 hours) carry, US made, quick ship (usually 5 days, but my last one shipped in 2 days), and they are a steal at $57.00 They also offer a cowhide option for $35.00 which is excellent too. Ray is a great guy with excellent customer service too. www.foxxholsters.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

6. jazzsax8

jazzsax8

Stealthgear Onyx @4 O'clock

7. Flyfish-mt

Flyfish-mt

Agreed, I have a couple Foxx Hybrid holsters and they are a great value!

8. AstraPat

AstraPat

9. Chop Suey

Chop Suey

After fully stocking the old holster "drawer of shame" I only use
    Sparks VM2 horsehide for Glocks and 1911s(only guns I carry).

BUT,I read holster threads;so,I have a Stealthgear Onyx on order.

Slow learner.

10. K Dubya

K Dubya

Thanks guys. A lot of good feedback so far. Gonna have to check out the Onyx and Fox due to the multiple mentions. But, I'll probably end up giving them all a look.

Voting seems to be favoring the Full Guard. I was initially thinking Half, but I've begun to see why the Full makes sense and is preferred.

Keep the suggestions coming!

11. K Dubya

K Dubya

Hey All!

Just wanted to give an update. After doing some more digging, I started to open up to the Alien Gear 3.0 as an option. I'd given them a quick look at the start but thought, "how good can they really be at that price?". After giving them a second look, and watching a bunch of reviews, I warmed up to considering AG as an option. So, it basically came down to the AG, Incog, or Onyx. With the latter two being a couple month lead time at best, and about twice the price, I pulled the trigger on the AG. I actually did their "combo" deal and got an OWB and the Cloak Tuck 3.0 for about $70 shipped! They were at my door in about a week, and I'm very pleased with both holsters. The fit and finish is amazing for the price point, and even at a higher price would seem to be worth every penny. No sharp edges or manufacturing marks. Plainly, they just feel and look like solid holsters.

My 30s fits perfectly, with just the right amount of retention. It's cold in the Midwest still, so I've actually been carrying OWB, covered by a jacket. That wouldn't have been an option with my other two considerations, so I'm glad that I ended up going the AG route. I really like the OWB carry and it actually conceals well with a t-shirt if I'm not wearing a jacket; which was kind of surprising. For the money, I don't think they can be beat.

The IWB is awesome and the backing is super comfortable. The layer of steel gives the perfect amount of rigidity for reholstering, which I'm sure would be a huge upgrade for those rocking the previous two Cloak offerings. It's got plenty of adjustability for ride and cant, and the clips hold it very securely.

The holster will work AIWB, which is what I want to get to eventually. But the 30s might not be conducive to my desires. It's a small .45, but is not a small handgun comparatively to different brands and calibers. I'm 6'0" and about 180. I don't really have a gut, but I'm not an Abercrombie model either. The 30s AIWB just prints too much for my body type. I'm going to give pants one size larger a try, and think that will help. A lot will depend on the shirt as well. But, overall, I'm content in sticking with a 3:30ish carry. The ride and cant adjustment makes drawing much easier than my cheap neoprene holster, and it conceals just as well, if not better.

Overall, I'm glad I took my time and did my research. I spent less than I would have for the Incog or Onyx and ended up with two solid holsters! If you're in the market for a holster, give AG a shot. 30 Day Test drive. Lifetime Warranty. Free shell swaps for life. Crazy fast turnaround time. They've got impeccable Customer Service, and really seem comitted to producing the best value holsters in the market. As far as I'm concerned, they live up to that reputation. I'm sure time will tell. But, with the lifetime warranty, I really have nothing to worry about.

If anyone wants some pictures, I'll be happy to take a few.

Happy Shooting!

12. pspez

pspez

Yep. Me too. With full cut.

13. glide

glide Just sayin'

Check out the Comp Tac Minotaur IWB holster.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

14. stegmdw

stegmdw

15. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

I see you already decided but I'll still add. I carry my G30S in a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra. Very pleased.

16. stevedal12

stevedal12

I had an AG cloak 3 for my 17, so I just got a shell for my 30S and put that on, I like carrying the 30S better than the 17, and that's a quick swap. I've got a Comp-Tac Infidel on order, will be in this week, I want to try aiwb with it, the AG is better at about 4:00 imo.

Shoot on and be safe

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  17. Diesel79

Diesel79

I'm partial to Brommeland holsters for both IWB and OWB.

18. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Blade tech Nano, or I pocket carry.

19. jmohme

jmohme

Three weeks ago, I bought a Stick Holster for my G19.
    I've carried my 19 in it all, day every day since with no issues. It is very comfortable and stays where you put it. It also is easy to reposition as needed.
    The only drawback is that since it is a soft holster, if you draw your weapon, it flattens out and so reholstering is not a smooth process. Sticky Holsters actually recommends removing it to reholster, but I have not had to do so.

If you did not like the Blackhawk for the reason you state, you may not like this one, but at $25 it may be worth a try for you.

20. Ylager

Ylager

N82 original tuckable works well for me. It houses either the G30s or my G19.