Glock Talk banner

Preference between g3/4/5 g26?

2132 Views 34 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  5906
im looking at picking up a Glock 26. I like the gen 4 over the 3 due to the increased grip texture and magazine release. I’m not a huge fan of the gen 5 as it seems without the finger grooves my hand slips down the grip and I don’t seem to get the best grip. I’m one of the few where the finger grooves actually fit me well. The gen 3 I don’t mind but the less grip texture and the magazine release I don’t like. I have a hard tome reaching the magazine releases without severely breaking my grip due to my small hands. In your opinions what generation do you like the most? Pricing local to me I can get a frying pan gen 3 very very lightly used for 425, gen 4 fde used with some wear for 395, gen 4 brand new for 510 and a gen 5 brand new for 565
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I own Gen 2.5, Gen 3 and Gen 4 model 26 pistols, but I do not currently own a Gen 5 26.

Shooting at the range, I prefer the Gen 4. The more aggressive texture and larger magazine release are nice here. In my experience, the trigger pull (w/ a "." connector) is slightly lighter, but not quite a crisp.

Carrying all day, I prefer the Gen 3 (or 2.5). The less aggressive texture doesn't rub me raw. I don't find the smaller mag release an issue. The trigger pull (with an unmarked connector) is not quite as light, but slightly crisper (which make me a slightly more comfortable holstering). The "frying pan" finish on my Gen 3 model(s) seems to stand up to holster wear much better that the other (OEM) finishes that I own.

I don't think there's a wrong answer, but "the best" will depend on your preferences and what your intended use is.

· Registered
79 Posts
I like the gen 4 over the 3 due to the increased grip texture and magazine release.
I, like you, I can’t get by the texture and mag release of the GEN three.
The more aggressive texture and larger magazine release are nice here.
My observation after pulling both a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 out of the safe, and comparing them side by side, visually the Gen 4 mag release is larger, but in order to release the magazine you are limited to using about the same area as the Gen 3 mag release (unless you replace the mag release with one of the OEM large frame or aftermarket extended mag releases).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.