Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at picking up a Glock 26. I like the gen 4 over the 3 due to the increased grip texture and magazine release. I’m not a huge fan of the gen 5 as it seems without the finger grooves my hand slips down the grip and I don’t seem to get the best grip. I’m one of the few where the finger grooves actually fit me well. The gen 3 I don’t mind but the less grip texture and the magazine release I don’t like. I have a hard tome reaching the magazine releases without severely breaking my grip due to my small hands. In your opinions what generation do you like the most? Pricing local to me I can get a frying pan gen 3 very very lightly used for 425, gen 4 fde used with some wear for 395, gen 4 brand new for 510 and a gen 5 brand new for 565

· Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m not sure I push the right button’s for quoting the above, but what I wanted to note is that the analogy to the 43 and handling it without finger grooves seems that it would make sense when you think about a GEN 5 - 26 without finger grooves even though it still has that one grove at the bottom next to the magazine. I don’t think I’ve heard a single person who owns a 43 complain about them not having GROVES has hurt their control, not one.
I definitely get what you’re saying. I have owned a g43 and never once thought to myself it needed finger grooves. Maybe a more aggressive texture but I didn’t really have too much of an issue feeling like I had a good purchase on it but I have a feeling that’s due to the small size it’s easy to get a good purchase on it. The g26 and g19’s I’ve held that have been a g5 I get the same result, my fingers slide down the front of the gun making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I haven’t shot one so that would be the tell tale

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.