Glock Talk banner

Preference between g3/4/5 g26?

2132 Views 34 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  5906
im looking at picking up a Glock 26. I like the gen 4 over the 3 due to the increased grip texture and magazine release. I’m not a huge fan of the gen 5 as it seems without the finger grooves my hand slips down the grip and I don’t seem to get the best grip. I’m one of the few where the finger grooves actually fit me well. The gen 3 I don’t mind but the less grip texture and the magazine release I don’t like. I have a hard tome reaching the magazine releases without severely breaking my grip due to my small hands. In your opinions what generation do you like the most? Pricing local to me I can get a frying pan gen 3 very very lightly used for 425, gen 4 fde used with some wear for 395, gen 4 brand new for 510 and a gen 5 brand new for 565
See less
im looking at picking up a Glock 26. I like the gen 4 over the 3 due to the increased grip texture and magazine release. I’m not a huge fan of the gen 5 as it seems without the finger grooves my hand slips down the grip and I don’t seem to get the best grip. I’m one of the few where the finger grooves actually fit me well. The gen 3 I don’t mind but the less grip texture and the magazine release I don’t like. I have a hard tome reaching the magazine releases without severely breaking my grip...
See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Gen 3’s are too slick when wet for me to carry confidently in the summer. The finger grooves only benefit the 19 when your grip is really cranked down, and with the other sizes they’re either unnecessary at best or a hinderance at worst.

If I didn’t have a 26.4 already, I’d probably get a 26.5.

· Registered
234 Posts
On the basis that this will be a CCW. For what it’s worth, if it were me making this decision, which ever Gen I decide to go with, I would buy a new gun. No matter how good the condition of a used gun appears, you don’t know it’s history and how much someone might have messed with the internal components. There may also be a mechanical issue, which prompted the original sale, that is not obvious to the eye or function test. Just my 2 cents.
Agree. The only used Glock I bought, I ended up changing all the internals on because I didn’t trust it to be okay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.