Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 29th (2013) I sent an order to Precision Delta for some 9mm 124g FMJ bullets.

Today September 25th they finally arrived! 5 months - wow!

On July 16th I put another order in for some 230g FMJ bullets. When I placed this order I asked Patricia (from Precision Delta) what was up with my 9mm order and here was her reply to me...
"Alan
Sorry but it will still be a good while - probably into Sept - We are just shipping orders placed the 1st couple of weeks in March."

She was pretty much right on the money. No doubt orders are still seriously backed up there. I hope they can start digging out of this hole and get back to some shorter order times.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Glad to hear you got your order Kentguy. I have an order of 4k 124g fmj and 2k of 230g fmj from May 1st. Maybe I'll have them next week. Thanks for the info.

·
Sometimes grumpy, not old
1,167 Posts
I've got my April order except for the 200gr SWC. I was told "at least" another month:crying:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Visited with Peggy today, my order is on its way. :supergrin:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
While I am very UNhappy with the environment; I hope PD is making a ton of money. They have been great people to deal with over the years. I never know what my disposable income is going to be so I just cannot park a ton of money with them. I bet their orders would be even higher if people like me were able to place orders. I will be ordering from them when they get back to a delivery time that I can tolerate. I wish they were getting my business now but I'm scrounging what I can locally and shooting way more lower quality than I like. Keep up the good work PD!!!!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sorry hit the send key too soon... read below.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gpruitt54... I have not ordered bullets from either of those two places. my usual sources are;

http://www.precisiondelta.com/
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
http://www.midwayusa.com/
http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm
http://www.missouribullet.com/index.php (for lead bullets only)

colin1230 - :thumbsup:

One of the big reasons why I use PD is the consistency (dimension-wise) of their bullets. I use them for practice and well as for competition. current shortage situation aside, they have always been very prompt with all my past orders.

This last order that I just received should keep me for some time now - at least with 9mm. :dunno:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I find Berrys now easily at many places,even picked up a few boxes last week at Cabellas
my Precision order has been in process since August...Pretty shabby IMO but I do prefer them over berrys so no biggie

·
Registered
746 Posts
Has anyone had anything show up lately? I am trying to decide if my order from may 11 will show up soon or if I should start looking for something local to fill the gap as I am closer to out than I prefer to get.

·
Sometimes grumpy, not old
1,167 Posts
Has anyone had anything show up lately? I am trying to decide if my order from may 11 will show up soon or if I should start looking for something local to fill the gap as I am closer to out than I prefer to get.
The last of my April 8th order just showed up. I got my FMJ's about a month ago and my lead .45's finally arrived.

·
Born Again
1,064 Posts
I'm so glad that I found this thread as I was about to start my own. I have a bit of an odd situation in that I've told my Mrs. that I would place an order for something and that it wouldn't arrive for months. Well imagine my surprise when it showed up in just a couple of weeks!

So if I place an order with PD, they say that they won't charge the card until the order is ready to ship. Can anyone confirm this? I've done business with them before so I know the quality of their product.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
creophus..."So if I place an order with PD, they say that they won't charge the card until the order is ready to ship."

That is correct. They did not charge my credit card when I placed my order in April, but when my bullets shipped in September - then I was charged.

·
local trouble maker
9,139 Posts
I used to use PD all the time. But why would I use them now? I can get extremes in stock for $90 a k 124's in as much bulk as I want.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I used to use PD all the time. But why would I use them now? I can get extremes in stock for $90 a k 124's in as much bulk as I want.
Where are you finding them at that price? Which is only $6.00 less than 124 gr jhp at PD or Montana gold. But I have never seen exteems in stock even far before the panic. I was told that they where out of businesses

·
Registered
27,989 Posts
Where are you finding them at that price? Which is only $6.00 less than 124 gr jhp at PD or Montana gold. But I have never seen exteems in stock even far before the panic. I was told that they where out of businesses
TJconevera.com has lots of extreme bullets in stock.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
^^^ They are plated. I will stick with the PD 124gr JHP and pay a little more, as the plated are worthless for my needs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I talked to owner of PD today to check on my order and was told to check back on Monday during regular business hours to be sure. My order was placed on April 3, 2013 for 2k of the 9mm 147gr. bullets....I told him that I thought my order must have been lost because it has been so long. He explained to me that the same machine that produces the 115gr 9mm is also the same machine that produces the 147gr bullets and that they make up enough 115gr bullets to fill their order plus extra stock for the shelves before shutting down the machine to tool over to 147gr production. Evidently the 124 gr bullets are produced on another machine. Anyhow, he assured me that no order has been lost and Lisa in the office should be able to give me more definite answers during biz hours...I'm just thinking the wait is getting ridiculous. A lot of other manufacturers are seemingly catching up now...I seem to be able to get bullets on a regular basis now from Extreme or Montana bullets and Midway usa has bullets now that I have ordered from just don't like all that high dollar shipping cost from them...Just FYI...:crying::steamed:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts