Precision Delta Quality

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Maninmirror, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Maninmirror

Maninmirror

I ordered some bullets from PD back this summer. I later read about some quality issues some of you had. I ordered some Montana Gold been very pleased.

Recently the bullets I ordered became available at PD. I've been out of town for 2 weeks.

They have called me a 1/2 dozen times in that 2 weeks. Each phone call sounding more and more like they really need me to buy the bullets. What's up. Have you guys quit using them??

It just seemed funny 2 weeks ago the 1st message was we need you to call in 24 hours or the bullets go to someone else. Last night the 6th message was. We'd really appreciate a phone call. We have your bullets packed and would like to send them. Please call either way.

Sounds like business isn't so good. Anyone ?????

2. PBKing

PBKing

Or it could be Stellar Customer service..
    Dont have any experience with this vendor but I would like to see that kinda comm with other vendors.
    Did you call them back?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010

3. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I had a Comic book store do that to me way back. After a month they went out of business.

4. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

You let someone leave you 6 messages with out returning the call. Thats just rude. Sorry man but seriously. They are holding YOUR order, If you don't want them then they WANT to send them to someone else waiting in line to get it. For crying out loud, call them already.:faint: They are normally out of stock so they always backorder a week or two. If you are not taking them then they have soneone else who wants them. Let the next guy have them.

5. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

In PD case it's trying to do the best they can with a huge back order and keeping customers happy. I will be the first in agreeing that when comparing thier 124g FMJ's to MG that the quality is IMO not as good finish wise. The MG's are much prettier... but the a equivalent in regards to performance.
    You have remember PD is also ammo manufactuer and a large percentage of the bullets they produce is allocated to that. Selling bullets is somewhat secordary.

The last order I was involved in with PD was for in excess of 10K to recieve the maximum case price discount. It took if I recall 3-4 weeks to deliver. Yes it was irritating but for the value work the wait. The diffence in price versus MG for 124g is somewhere around $40 for 4K taking in to account discounts for a 10K order.

Has anyone called them recently to ask what the current expected lead time is? I'm ready to order more, but can't wait the rumored wait currently predicted.

I'll tr and give Patricia over there a call today and post back what they expect the waits to be.

6. Starman99

Starman99

I've always had good experiences using this company and have been using them for a couple of years now. As far as quality, I've never had to throw away a bullit due to quality.

This post reminded me I have an order in with them now....so I called them. They answered on the first ring and said I'm looking at my order being shipped in about two weeks. (124 FMJ 9mm) This is fine with me as my current supply is good way beyond that.

We all deal with multiple companies even outside of reloading. In my opinion, their customer service is definitely above average.

7. PBKing

PBKing

Dude That made coffee come shooting out of my nose all over the keyboard. .

8. Maninmirror

Maninmirror

I have been traveling for 2 weeks I didn't know they were calling until I got home last night. you must have missed me mentioning that. You answered my question. I just couldn't figure out why they left me so many messages is all. Not much I could do. I was gone . Tried to call home a few times - couldn't get the recorder to play back. Probably a benifit of Telemarketing hangups.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. vtducrider

vtducrider

I've ordered through PD numerous times. I thought the quality was decent for the money. Never had to throw away anything. Accuracy-wise, Berry's plated bullets are better for me. But that may not be a fair comparison. My last order through PD were 2K 230gr .45cal bullets. About 2 months after I placed my order, I got a call from their customer service notifying me of the shipment, and they needed to update the information on my credit card, which had just expired days before. I would recommend PD if the wait doesn't bother you.

10. vtducrider

vtducrider

Never used Montana Gold before. Just checked it out per some of the previous posts. Their prices are much higher than PD. $99/1000 for 115gr FMJ 9mm, vs PD at $68, as a quick example. Is their stuff worth the money?

11. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Your response to their request to call them is "sounds like business isn't good". That makes zero sence to me. You think this is funny it seems. I would be on the phone calling them. Your thougths run to "they really need me to buy the bullets, is no one buying them anymore" or some such thing. Crazy stuff. I am sure when you eat kids ceral every toy was put in just for you and you alone.

This isn't about you, this is about them working very hard to fill the backlogg of orders they have. To me this shows they have EXCELLENT customer service. I would have given up on you a long time ago.

12. coal

coal

I agree 100%. They're trying to fill the order, and making a very commited attempt at doing so knowing how anal reloaders can be about stuff, and how much they'll rant in online forums. I think they've gone above and beyond. My PD order with Boxerglocker was smooth.

If they called twice, then, not hearning from OP cancelled the order, we'd have a "PD Screwed Me" post. I heard someone in retail say somthing that stuck in my brain once: "Some people prefer to be angry than satisfied". Sometimes, with some folks, you just can't win. :upeyes:

13. srd

srd

I have been dealing with PD for several years now with NO complaints. Last order took several months to get [ 165gr .040 ] but worth the wait. Patrica called to verify that i wanted the back order filled before they were shipped. Accuracy wise ... my Beretta 96 prefers them .

14. slowhand23

slowhand23

Other than the LONG wait, I've had no problems with PD. I ordered 12K 9mm 124s and .45 230s back in Sept/Oct timeframe. They arrived last month :wow: Just like Patricia predicted.
    She called soon after I placed my order to tell me 124s wouldn't ship until after the new year and she could ship 115s sooner if I wanted to change. I stuck with the 124s since I had MG in supply.

15. dudel

dudel

+1 I just try to remember that what goes around, comes back.

16. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

I have not dealt with them recently, but Precision Delta is by far the worst business I have ever dealt with in the firearms and reloading industry. I have never had so many phone calls and emails go unanswered. When the were answered the with lie after lie.

I had an order go unshipped for almost 9 mo. This is after I confirmed availability and shipping times prior to ordering.

17. mteagle1

mteagle1

When I go out of town for more than a couple of days I unplug the answering machine because it records the hangups also.

Precision Delta makes a lovely practice bullet but I have a gun that absolutely loves Montana Gold so I buy some of each. So what if the PD backorder is a couple of months, in my military days it was PPPPPP.

18. BK63

BK63

I have bought a lot of stuff from Montana Gold. They have always been da bomb. After reading this I had to go look again as I haven't bought from them in a while and holy crap have thier prices gone up? I load a lot of 45 and 1000 230 fmj are 170.00 and PD is 114.00. Geez, it looks like I'm gonna be ordering from PD in the future.

19. Orange

Orange

Price wise PD is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better:wow:.
    MGB is just to high a price. Even when you have shipping included from PD they STILL beat MGB.

Its worth the wait because it is simply cheaper. Lead prices have come down. Copper prices dropped and have gone up but not that much for that hard of a hit in the wallet.

It seems like many reloading component companies are trying to get as much as they can:faint: for as long as they can. After a while customers see this trend and many will look else where for a better deal. First company to offer what you need at a cheaper cost will get the business pure and simple. I was about to buy some 9mm 115 from MGB but found PD instead. I immediately placed an order with PD knowing I would have to wait a little longer. I will save a whole bunch of money by doing this.

It is outstanding that a company will go that extra mile to make sure you are getting your order. It would be a real ***** if they said "We left a message but you did not call back so we filled another order with yours:upeyes:". BUT they didn't do that.

Regards
    Orange

20. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

From my memory the prices are the same for the last 6 months. I never order 1K. So I don't know about that price. But ordering 124gr 9mm it's

$292 for 3750 count (the case price). Thats 77.86 per thousand
    PD is $72 per 1K.

Yep a little more but not that much. I get them for $282 through my USPSA club president. Thats $75.2 per 1K no shipping.