GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vegetables.

Do you believe it?
If I’m cooking it (spinach for example) I’m not too worried.

Big bags of salad. The juries out. I have dumped it in a bowl, added dressing and ate it.

Occasionally, the next day I get a signal from my guts that it was too much fiber in one sitting or, I should have rinsed it anyway.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I rinse 90% of the time. I buy big bags of organic pre washed broccoli, eat two bags a week, and never rinse that. Never had an issue

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
Been there done that. I eat pre packaged salad and don't have a problem...........most of the time.

·
Pinky Out
58,532 Posts
Ain’t skeerd.

Dirt (minerals) is good for us
Some bacteria is great health
Some bacteria is bad

I only rinse a few things if it looks like poo or if the stalk is questionable and a quick cut rinse makes for a more presentable dish.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,627 Posts
Way back when my life contained various conferences and conventions, the rule of thumb for appetizers was that cheese was always safe, cooked beef was usually safe, and chicken, fish, and veggies were sketchy.

If my hotel room was relatively close by, I’d take the risk. If I arrived via taxi or courier, gimme some Swiss, cheddar, Gouda, or Havarti.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I traveled to plants in both Norfolk, VA and Claycomo, MO for work.

My simple rule was, don't eat seafood in MO or steak in VA.

If I had to break one of those rules it was the steak one.

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
The pickers always pee on the vegies.
If you're lucky, that's the end of it. There's a hysterical scene in the French-Canadian film, "Leolo" where a picker pleasures himself all over the tomatoes in the truck while watching a girl in the fields. HH

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Ain’t skeerd.

Dirt (minerals) is good for us
Some bacteria is great health
Some bacteria is bad

I only rinse a few things if it looks like poo or if the stalk is questionable and a quick cut rinse makes for a more presentable dish.
True, but I kissed this one lady’s belly button and she did not smell fresh ;)

ALWAYS wash and rinse your veggies.

·
NRA Life Member
63,408 Posts
If it's in a bag, like pre-chopped salads, I just eat it. If it's on display for people to handle and sneeze on, I wash it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts