Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
127,250 Posts
LOL! pre which war? Spanish-America, Mexico, Great War or WWII?
S&W goes back a long time.

Great looking revolver Dood.
Well in the modern firearm collecting world, “pre-war” is before WWII. Kind of well known in my circles, so I tend to take it for granted people know what I’m talking about.

In fact, even if a particular gun is built before WWI, calling it “pre war” still implies before WWII. Just the way the terminology works.

Firearms honestly didn’t change a whole heck of a lot prior to and after WWI in comparison to WWII.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Well in the modern firearm collecting world, “pre-war” is before WWII. Kind of well known in my circles, so I tend to take it for granted people know what I’m talking talking.
Well the revolver being discussed the 1917 could be considered pre Great War because Colt's 1911 was in short supply in 1917. My GranDad brought his issue S&W M1917 home from France in some time after November 11th 1918. When he passed in 1955 my GranMom turned the revolver back to the 28th National Guards in Philadelphia.
Yeah I know you modern folks think anytime before WWII as ancient history.

·
Registered
127,250 Posts
Well the revolver being discussed the 1917 could be considered pre Great War because Colt's 1911 was in short supply in 1917. My GranDad brought his issue S&W M1917 home from France in some time after November 11th 1918. When he passed in 1955 my GranMom turned the revolver back to the 28th National Guards in Philadelphia.
Yeah I know you modern folks think anytime before WWII as ancient history.
Doesn’t matter what people think. I’m just explaining how the term is implied.

“Pre-war” is before WWII. Guns changed quite a bit before and after it, much more than before and after WWI or any other. I guarantee you without question the OP was referring to WWII in the thread title, especially after posting it with another pre war model from the1920’s.

Not quite sure where the confusion lies, but that’s the way it works. In fact, it’s been a long time since I’ve even seen it questioned.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts