Glock Talk banner

"Pre Ban" Mags...

611 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MajorD
Hello all, I came across some normal capacity glock mags marked "LEO/MIL Only" (or something to that effect.) They are dated September 1994.

Are there states in which these magazines are worth a premium?

Thanks!

(Thinking about it probably not, since if they're marked LEO only, they must have been produced post ban. Still, answers welcome!)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
8,024 Posts
Good question. All of my G32 mags say that. I don't think I purchased them until 2005, brand new and got them cheap. I know about everything there is to know about unmarked pre-bans but since these were manufactured after the ban, I doubt they are worth more than other 3rd. gen. mags.

· Registered
131 Posts
The magazines were made during the federal ban on magazines holding 11+ rounds. The date indicates they were made after the ban began in 1994. The same date (the date the ban commenced) was stamped on magazines until the ban expired in 2004.

After the ban expired, prices dropped substantially on LEO-marked magazines and the 10 round magazines made during the ban.

· Registered
12,452 Posts
No for owners of 2/3 gen Glocks I beleive they fit better in the magwell, the only difference was when they were made and that there is no ambidexterous cut on them.
About twenty years old in a lot of cases.

· Registered
4,540 Posts
Pre ban ( back when it mattered In New York) meant magazines made prior to those markings being placed on the mag. The only state in which I think it even matters anymore is mass - everywhere else either got better ( most of the country) or worse ( New York )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.