close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayers needed!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by PrincessCelica, Oct 26, 2006.

1. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

My lil kitty is not 100% right now. She has some sort of infection around her bum. It's not red, but is swollen and also squirting pus. I noticed she had been cleaning there more than usual, so I finally took a look. It looks better today than it did yesterday, but I'm still going to make her an appointment with a vet when I get back from my classes. I don't think it's anything TOO serious, but I would appreciate prayers for her. She's not going to like the visit to the vet. She's not going to like having to take whatever meds they prescribe, especially if they're topical:shocked: And I'm not going to like it if it's something serious.

Thanks all! Here's a pic of my baby:
    [​IMG]

2. gabbygus

gabbygus

Prayers, are sent. Hope your Kitty feels better very soon.:hugs:

3. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

Prayers on the way. :angel:

4. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

Thanks for the prayers, everyone. We took Velvet to the vet yesterday. Vet said that one of her "anal sacs" was extremely full and infected. An anal sac is basically a scent gland. Apparently she was having trouble "expressing" herself as the vet said, and it got infected. It can be a chronic thing, but I'm hoping this was a fluke since it's the first time I've noticed it on her. (She's 8)

He was able to empty it and prescribed an antibiotic. Lemme tell you, my cat has never been more pissed at me in her life!!! She usually hides for a couple hours after coming home from the vets. She wouldn't come out until that night. Now I'm having to give her the antibiotic. I don't think her being mad will ever end. Oh well, she should be getting better soon.

5. gabbygus

gabbygus

I am glad she is on the mend. Myself fed very little can food, to my cat. Fed more dry. To help with firmer stool. To help. Sometimes if the stool is too soft. They do not empty their anal sacs.
    Plus dry food helps their teeth. Chewing dry food helps with tarter build up.

6. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

She's been on dry food all of her life. Plus I have kitty treats to help with tartar. Though lately, I've been giving her a little tuna after giving her her meds, in hopes it will help her not be mad at me. I don't think it's working, though she LOVES the tuna:animlol:

I keep looking and while her bumhole looks normal again, now she has a sore below and to the left of the bumhole. She's licking worse than ever. *sigh* I don't know what I'm gonna do with this cat and her defective behind.:sad:

7. gabbygus

gabbygus

She sure is having her fair share of trouble. I call the vet, and let them know, what's going on. Sometimes in a case like this. They don't charge for a second office visit. If it is part of the orginal promblem. But I would want to know. What the heck is going on.
    Has she made a lick sore there? Poor Kitty. Keep us up to date. Want to know. Hope she is better very soon. And some times a animal has to wear one of those little plastic collars, to stop itching and licking them selfs. My cat wore one. After he was neutered. Not a happy camper.
    [​IMG]

8. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

Well I've been keeping an eye on her sore, and it has definitely gotten worse and not better like I was hoping. So I called the vet and made an appointment for tomorrow. I will need double the prayers since this time I'll have to catch her, cage her, and take her myself since Vin will be in class. :sad:

She hasn't had any problems since I got her at 6 months old (she's now 8) and now double trouble :sad:

9. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

My prayers are with you and the little one. :angel:
    You thought she was mad at you the last time just wait after this visit. :scared:
    Good luck trying to catch her. :outtahere:

10. gabbygus

gabbygus

Prayers are with you dear. Just tell her, "come on little kitty. Lets go get you better." I know she is scared. But deep down she knows, you are trying to help her.Good luck. Let us know what you find out. :angel: :angel: :angel:

11. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

Well there is good news all around. Velvet was sleeping under the covers and Vincent WAS able to be home and help. So I had help, and she was in a great place to get the drop on her.

As far as the sore, the doc explained that the infection was bad enough that it had pretty much ruptured to the outside. Which actually is a good thing, because it will help it drain out. She advised me to go at it with a warm washcloth for the next couple of days to help it drain and to LET KITTY LICK IT!!! She was impressed with how clean Velvet had kept it. (Amazing since I was worried licking it would make it worse and thus discouraged her from doing it whenever I saw) It wasn't bleeding and even when she squeezed it to see if anything came out, nothing did.

Secondly, the vet complimented me on kitty's shape. She was extremely surprised (and I think jealous) that Velvet is an indoor cat who sleeps 3/4 of the day, but is still in good shape. (I think she weighed in at 10 or 11 pounds) :thumbsup:

12. RomanCatholic

RomanCatholic Catholic

“Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.”

13. gabbygus

gabbygus

Good news indeed. I guess it is sort of a abscess then. And yes a warm washcloth well help. So see you're a great mom to your Kitty. Glad to hear she'll be okay.