close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayers for the Assassin

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Wulfenite, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...f=pd_bbs_2/103-1371667-7780631?_encoding=UTF8

Just finished it a week or two ago. Its a very solid novel. Well writen, with the kind of detial thats necessary to flesh out a work of fiction.

It deals with a future where the US has been Islamisized. Through internal and external forces, conversion, and immigration the US has become fractured with the majority of the country an Islamic country where Shria law dominates and Christians are a second class of citizen and Jews are completely alienated. Although it sounds a bit fancifal, the author does a good job of building a believable premise. It als seems like he did a good job of leaning and then conveying how Islamic law might work in practice if it were overlain on a western culture.

2. bno762

bno762

just started reading it. about half way into it dont know whether to laugh,cry,or grab my guns and go hide n wait. but yeah he makes it very beleivable.

3. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

sure as #### makes you want to move to the south.

4. bno762

bno762

yup. glad i'm from texas. but the map inside the front cover makes me wanna get a little further away from dallas.