Pray for my friend's parakeet

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by geminicricket, Aug 14, 2007.

1. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

My friend the security guard called me this evening, nearly in tears. One of his parakeets was walking around with his head stuck at an odd angle to his shoulder. He thought the little thing was going to die, and all his other birds were acting real solemn.

He called me later to say that the head was back on correctly and now the eyes were cock-eyed, one eye stuck pointing up. Poor little bird must have a pinched nerve or something like that from flying into an object.

2. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

3. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I hope he takes it to the vet soon. Prayers sent. Maybe he ate something ?

4. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I mentioned taking him to a chiropractor ... the owner doesn't even take his exotic birds to a vet, he's that cheap.

But, I'm ignorant. Do small animal vets treat budgies and finches?

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

A few do.

I know somebody who had an autopsy ran on their parakeet after sudden death.

I had a parakeet for a long, long time. She had a stroke as a baby, before she grew her feathers. She was handfed for a few weeks then I got her later. She never learned to fly, was always weak on one foot but she lived a very happy life. :)