Pray for good weather on Friday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sopdan, May 25, 2004.

1. sopdan

sopdan

I have my instrument checkride scheduled for Fri. morning and I've been waiting two and a half weeks for it already, but we've had t-storms pretty much every day since my stage check. ;1

Thanks a bunch!!!

Dan

2. BillCola

BillCola Supreme Cmdr ®

The waiting is hell, isn't it?

I flew my IFR ride in solid IMC...it was great. Not thunderstorms, of course.

3. Junkyard Dawg

Junkyard Dawg

My first IFR check-ride was in very poor weather, high wind, rain and low cloud, the examiner did not like the environment and we never got very far from the airport for fear of it going below minimums. It was single engine, a C-182, a year of getting used to the ATC system and a little more multi time made a Multi-IFR ride a year later a breeze. I can remember early IFR flights thinking, "How nice," no engine outs or systems failures enroute, what a change from the training routine where the instructor was always failing something in the machine.:cool:

4. sopdan

sopdan

Well, I passed!!! The first half of the ride was in IMC with 900' ceilings, but then it cleared up and we were able to do the whole thing. Now I can start studying for commercial. It's so nice to just finally have it done, ya know?

5. BillCola

BillCola Supreme Cmdr ®

6. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

7. sopdan

sopdan

Thanks, both of you!!!

8. Medpilot 2

Medpilot 2 Smkumifyagotum

A belated congrats here. I also took mine in IMC conditions. I'd say it was my best check ride ever and the only one that I have failed. I think it had to do with some money issues and the DE. He failed me for starting my time over the fix 5 sec too late. Other than that it was a perfect ride. I'd say I flew it just as well if not better than my ATP ride. But oh well, I'm going off on a tangent here. Glad to hear you didn't get a money hungry DE.