close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Practice Plates @ Orlando

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i don't remember, do they or have they had a practice plate rack?

2. njl

njl Crusty Member

IIRC, in the past there has been a "side" plate rack that some group was collecting $ at if you wanted to shoot it. Looking for a warm-up run?

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

no i don't need a warm up. i changed front sights on my carry gun and wanted to check the sights. since i'm working away from home my opportunities to shoot are limited and if there was a practice rack i'd bring a extra mag with practice ammo in it to check the sights.

4. James5m

James5m

Practice ammo? You mean ballistic evaluation don't you Ede?

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

According to friends in low places.

Any side match plate rack at Orlando will be the club's.

GSSF's 3 racks have 2 years worth of shooting on them since their last refurb and they have fewer than 18 unbroken plates at the moment. One of the racks is a "hanger queen" at the moment, supplying unbroken plates to keep the other two racks working.

Glock's fiscal year officially starts April 1. Once new funding is approved, the plan is that all three will refurbed in time for use at the first matches on the 2010-11 schedule.

If anyone needs to check sights, there are usually a couple of bays there that are not used for the main match where you could probably fire a few rounds on paper to check sights. That would probably have to be done under the supervision of the Armorer or a Range Officer, of course.

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

good to know. after years of shooting glocks and CCWing something else my son finally talked me into packing more gun and in this case it's a glock. my old nite sights were all but burnt out and i got a set like my GSSF guns but the impact point was low so i changed fronts last week and would like to confirm the new impact point. thanks for the info.

7. njl

njl Crusty Member

Norske, isn't that how its always been?