practice or parts or both?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by leftyglkr13, Feb 14, 2010.

1. leftyglkr13

leftyglkr13

I bought a g30 2 weeks ago, after I sold my xd45. I was looking for a ccw with pop and capacity 10+1 .45 rounds and a glock, sweet. This is not the 1st glk Ive owned I sold my g22 about 4 years ago. I have been looking around recently and there seems to be a ton of aftermarket "upgrades" for the glk, 3.5# trigger connecter, titanium striker, plunger, stainless guide rod, trigger stop, etc. I'd like a smoother trigger pull and any thing that may improve accuracy. It makes since that reduced recoil would help with follow ups. I'm pulling low and to the right, which I guess is somewhat normal for a lefty? I've read there may be liability issues if you alter a ccw? So what upgrades if any should I make? or just keep sending em down range till i correct it. Also looked at lasers any suggestions on a good reasonably priced laser for the g30[no rails]?

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

The best way to improve accuracy of your Glock is practice. Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. You may wish to install a 4.5lb connector (used to be called 3.5lb by Glock).

Again, put a bunch of ammo down range. Work on your grip, stance, breathing. You'll be how amazed a Glock right out of the box is.

3. pugman

pugman

IMO, no single part will make a user more proficient (which is really what people are talking about when they describe accuracy).

I've seen guys with completely customized 1911's be outshot by guys with a stock Sig 226.

I own a bone stock Sig 228 I would put myself up against any non professional shooter shooting anything at 25ft. They may shoot more accurate, but if I perceive myself shooting at 95% what they are and cost 5x times less I call that a win.

The only upgrade any of my glocks have is night sights (if you call that an upgrade) and the Glock 26 has a stainless steel guide rod.

4. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

My Glocks get the following upgrades:

Yellow / Green Meprolight night sights
    Smooth trigger (if they don't come stock with it)
    Frame plug (I like the way it looks)
    LOTS OF AMMO AND PRACTICE

My personal preference, aside from the items above, is to leave the pistol stock.

5. WGO55

WGO55 Lifetime Member

Lots of practice is far better than any 'upgrade'.

6. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

Exactly right. Without lots of practice and becoming familiar with your weapon, you are not going to know what mods are going to work for you. When you do decide to mod, I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about what would happen in a criminal or civil court after a shooting. I'd be more concerned about being the one that is still alive:wavey:.

7. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Dry fire is OK .... but nothing beats Bang, Bang, Bang.

8. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

Grip and trigger pull. Dry fire practice. Thats it. There are no magical parts for better shooting. I personally use a Vanek Custom trigger bar but everything else is completely stock.

9. leftyglkr13

leftyglkr13

Thanks for the info, I'm new to GT. This is my 1st post, I'm sure similar questions have been answered here, but the info is new to me.Does a frame plug add length to the rear of the grip? Any info on laserlytes RL1 rear sight laser? Will it hold point of aim after 500rnds. of hot defense ammo? Do the windage & elevation screws stay set? Is it easy to manipulate the on/off switch as you draw?

10. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

Nope, just plugs the drain hole thats designed to be there.