Practice For Biancchi Cup Event

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by izzyandal, Sep 22, 2005.

1. izzyandal

izzyandal

I shoot a 500 when time is NOT a factor, but my accuracy goes to terrible when the timer is running.
    I need some suggestions.

Should I buy a timer to help me practice?

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

FWIW, I've found that even when not actually timing the entire stage when working on a drill or something I find that having a start beep to work from puts things more in perspective.

I find it also illuminating (and have to remind myself of this) when I don't care about the speed, get the beep and try to shoot the cleanest 5TG I can, the final gross time isn't so bad after I find I didn't have to add all those horrible whole-numbers at the end. Well worth it IMO.

^c

3. izzyandal

izzyandal

that is is great help.
    What is 5TG?
    Could you please expand on the tips you have given me.
    Al
    analven@davtv.com

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

There are alot of more qualified shooters on this forum than I who can do that, and I'd recommend you start with some of the tips that are in the "stickied" thread at the top of this forum area.

5TG is the 5 to Glock; the paper-only stage. If you'll read the reference edition containing the rules in the link I posted many light bulbs will be turned on.

As far as things going south when the timer starts, you're not alone. Many shooters can shoot good scores at their own pace. Giving a benefit for speed, and then taking it away (by adding seconds) when you miss is what makes GSSF so, hmmm, interesting. Anybody can miss fast.

:)

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

and some shooters are like me, fast but not very accurate, in the end my scores are pretty good but if i could improve the accuracy i'd do a lot better. i too find my pretice more meaning full having a beep to start me off.