Practice broadheads...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by StockGlock23, Jun 19, 2007.

1. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

I have started my yearly spending binge (so to speak) getting ready for deer season. I have settled on the broad heads I plan to use and was wondering about practice broad heads. I can get a set of G5 Montec tips off E-bay for about 28 bucks and the same seller offers with combined shipping a set of G5 Montec practice broad heads for $21. Now my question is should I get the practice heads and save 7 dollars or get another set of regular sharpened heads. I usually only take 3 arrows into the field but for 7 dollars it seems like it would be nice to have a couple extras in case I miss and break one. (It happens) What do you guys think?

6 G5 Montec broad heads for 57.98 + shipping

or

3 broad heads and 3 practice broad heads for 50.98 + shipping

2. vafish

vafish

I have an extra set of broad heads I use for practice.

It's made up of old broad heads that have been through deer and into the ground.

I say just get a 2nd set of sharp broad heads. Use 1 or 2 of them to verify where they shoot. Do most of your practice with field points as long as you know where your broad heads shoot.

3. klt1986

klt1986

I too would go with the 6 Montecs. Practice with one and use the other 5. I keep all my extra heads and blades and use them for practice.

4. noway

noway

I do the same as vafish, I rotate my BH with the field used one and once they get dull ( noway can't sharpen a BH to save his ass ) I make them a practice BH.

fwiw:Muzzy is great in that they typically make practice blades inserts that you screw on he ferrule for target shooting and then you use the same ferrule and change the practice to the real blades for field use.

5. Travispitt

Travispitt

I use my montecs for practice. they are very easy to sharpen plus you can always use them for hunting too. can't do that with the practice ones. plus alot of people carry more than three arrows when hunting.