Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im currently looking for a new subcompact, i have narrowed it down to those 3 but im having a hard time deciding between them. I recently had an M&P shield that i sold because i just didnt like it and i didnt shoot it well. (night and day from my Glocks)
I have several Glocks, my 19 is by far my favorite but its a little big for the pocket and the 26 isnt significantly smaller for me to justify both.

The PPS is appealing because it seems the most "Glock like" out of the 3 to me and i like that it is a single stack with an adjustable grip.

The XDS9 seems like it would be good also (yes i know about the recall) and i really like the fiber optic style front site,the adjustable grip and the accessories it comes with even if it is a bit "gimmicky"

The PM9 is a very nice pistol and i like the fact its made in the USA and the tiny size is also appealing for pocket carrying. But im not sure about the trigger is seems to be love it or hate it and from everything ive read it requires a good 500+ round break in before it starts to run smoothly.

So do any of you own or have owned any/all these pistols and have any input?? They all seem to have good reviews and i dont know anyone close that has one i can shoot and the local range doesnt have any of them for rent either.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have a Kahr CM9 which is essentially a PM9 and it is my EDC gun. I love the gun, the size is perfect and it carries extremely easily. I carry it OWB under a t-shirt no problem and mine has been 100 percent reliable from day one. As for the trigger, I think it's great, very smooth and is easy to shoot.

Sent from my Obama phone.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Between ths xds45, pps9 and cm9.I would not mind if the pps went and an xds9 replaced it. The cm9 is accurate but may be slower to shoot than the glocks. It is really small. Smal as a j frame. I would probably go xds9 unless the size is the deciding factor. xds has the recall and a fully cocked striker. They are being quiet about the reason for the recall. I shoot the xds and the cm9 more accurately but maybe not as fast. ymmv

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I would choose the PPS. The trigger on the Kahr is a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a Kahr Cm9 that I EDC OWB in a kydex rig I picked up from Armed Civilian on YouTube. The gun is awesome. Not sure why Glock guys don't lock it as it is a lot like my Glocks only a little longer pull. Also love the holster. It conceals very easily under a T-shirt. YMMV, good luck in your search.

·
MDW Guns
3,745 Posts
Use the PPS now for years as my deep CCW gun.
Never had a problem and the PPS is very accurate.
A friend shoot about 4k though his so far and we replaced the RSA.
The RSA seemed to got a little week after those rounds.
Otherwise the gun is in perfect shape!
One thing you need to look out for on the PPS is not to squeeze your skin of the inside hand when inserting the magazine.
I also like the function of deactivating the pistol by removing the back strap.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Hands down I would go with the Kahr. I recently got a CM9(which is basically a PM9) and I wish I had bought one years ago. I love Glocks and I do agree that liking a Glock is similar to liking a Kahr with a little longer trigger. The trigger is fine with a few boxes of rounds through the gun. It is absolutely the best of those 3 IMO.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I have the PPS and PM9. Of the two I like the size of the Kahr and the PPS the best. Not a huge fan of the Kahr trigger.

Both have been reliable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went back and forth between the PPS and the XDs for months before I made my purchase. I liked everything about the PPS (it is just like a Glock EXCEPT for the mag release) but I went with the XDs 9. I love the pistol. For me it just felt better in my hand.
That said, I'm looking at a used PPS 40 as I'm tired of waiting for SA to send me back the gun I sent them for the recall. I'll keep the XDs and it will go back to being my EDC, but the PPS might be on my waist soon.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Have all 3 but the xds is a 45, I have no complaints on any of them, as someone said be careful when inserting mags into the pps.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a Kahr CM9 which is essentially a PM9 and it is my EDC gun. I love the gun, the size is perfect and it carries extremely easily. I carry it OWB under a t-shirt no problem and mine has been 100 percent reliable from day one. As for the trigger, I think it's great, very smooth and is easy to shoot.

Sent from my Obama phone.
This.
My CM9 is a superb pistol. Shoots like a much bigger pistol, and the trigger is the best of the small 9's IME.
Kahr recommends a 200 round break in, but pretty much every manufacturer does. Mine has been GTG since round 1.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I have an XDS in 45. It's a terrific carry gun, and I might get a 9mm because of the lack of recoil. I shot some medium power reloads through the 45, and when it worked it was really fun to shoot. The 9mm would be a great all around gun I could carry and use at the range comfortably.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys... after consideration i think im gonna try out a PM9 or CM9 (whichever i can find locally first) and see how i like it, so far ive heard nothing but good about them from their owners. Im not liking the mag pinch of the walther and the XDS is MIA right now due to the recall.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have a PPS and the ergonomics are superior.
They are very reliable, great for CCW, although the .40 can be a bit snappy.

·
Registered
11,392 Posts
My XDs 45 is at Springfield right now. But I consider it too big for pocket carry. At least with the clothes I wear. But I was really getting to like it before the recall. And I'm anxiously awaiting it's return.

To me the only advantage of the XDs 9 would be the extra rounds and reduced recoil, since they are both the same size and approximate weight. Although I haven't shot an XDs 9 yet. To me, if I'm going to carry a pistol that big, I want it to be a 45. Recoil doesn't bother me.

I've had my PM9 with night sights for quite a few years now, and I also like it. I can pocket carry it, but I consider it just a little big for pocket carry. Aside from one very minor issue, which I fixed in the first 50 rounds, mine has been 100% reliable from the get go.

Never handled the Walther.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts