pps reliability

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by olympicmotors, Mar 13, 2010.

1. olympicmotors

olympicmotors

I am considering getting another ccw along with my Glock model 27. I am sold on the 40 caliber but just want a thinner single stack weapon. I have been reading about Kahr a lot but the Polymer series reliability seem to be spotty. I just about put down a deposit on an MK 40 today but started reading about the Walther PPS being even thinner than the Kahr. Reliability is the most important thing with me and size being next. How is the reliability of the PPS in 40 cal. ? Do they offer it with night sights yet? What are the downsides to the Walther? I really like the magazine release idea, looks fool proof to me. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

2. olympicmotors

olympicmotors

One other question. I know Glocks are tennifer and rust is a non-issue. What about Walthers? I carry year round in an inside the waistband holster and I work in the heat some and perspire a lot. Is this going to be a problem?

3. uncut

uncut

The PPS as the P99 are tennifer treated ....
    As to slimm.... the PPPS and the Kahr are the same size...
    Kahr says their's is thinner but they measure the Walther with the slide release
    If I remember correctly they are both a inch at the slide
    Walther had displayed the PPS with factory night sights at SHOT 2010.... if you can't get one Walther USA (aka S&W) sells the factory night sights ...they are listed on the website with the P99 parts

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. SanityAssassin

SanityAssassin

I've been itching to get a pps. I have a p99 and love it. I've read about problems with the pps, more so the 40 than the 9mm though. "needs a little extra attention during the break-in period and light lubrication of the disconnector" check out http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=799.
    After spending a few hours reading about the pps, I'd be comfortable with it only after putting a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it wasn't a lemon, but I'd do that with any gun.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. Todesengel

Todesengel No Compromise.

Can you provide a link? Can't find them.

P.S. Never had a problem with my PPS...500 rounds and counting.