PPQ Love

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by gadgetnut259, Sep 14, 2015.

1. gadgetnut259

gadgetnut259

I recently finished a long run of taking night classes after work, and I have been blessed with a little more free time lately. So, (naturally) I am getting to the range more. I have always enjoyed shooting my Walther PPQ, but it has developed into a real love. I have been shooting for recreation for roughly 35 - 40 years, and I can honestly say that I never thought I would shoot a handgun this well. I do realize that it has a lot to do with increased practice, but that amazing trigger is almost like cheating. I still need to work on speed, but my accuracy is looking good! B-)

Kennydale and fnfalman like this.
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I sure love my PPQ M1.

3. bac1023

bac1023

The PPQ is a great pistol, though I slightly prefer the HK VP9.

I've got both.

4. dj45

dj45

I'm seriously contemplating getting a PPQ. It's primarily going to be a house gun, set up with a tac light.

I have CCW covered pretty well with a G26/Shield 9mm combo that's working really well for me. So I won't need it for that, although if I CAN conceal it, I may carry it some. I think if I seriously want to carry it at all, I probably should look to the 4" PPQ 9mm as that has MANY more holster options.

I'm leaning toward the 5" 9mm PPQ as I think that will fill my house gun need the best and also gives me a very good option if I ever want to shoot any matches.

Then on top of this, the PPQ 45 is due out in the next few weeks or so.

Any thoughts or insights?

5. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I have a few PPQ's. They're good pistols.

6. gadgetnut259

gadgetnut259

My PPQ (first generation with mag release on the trigger guard) is my home defense gun. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 on it, and it stays in a quick access pistol safe under my bed loaded with a full mag of Hornady Critical Defense and one in the chamber. It is also my favorite range gun to shoot because of the relatively cheap ammo (9mm) and because it makes me look good. :) I have a Kahr CM9 for concealed carry, but the PPQ wouldn't be hard to carry. I can shoot the Kahr pretty well too, but to be completely honest...if I ever actually need to use a gun to defend my life, I would feel alot more confident with the PPQ.

7. Scott3670

Scott3670

I like my PPQ, but I'm going to sell it since it's sitting in my safe. My other guns get a lot more attention, and I'm not one to hold on to a gun that won't see much range time.

8. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

My PPQ M1 is about the sweetest shooting polymer gun out of the box their is. Great ergonomics and trigger. Super accurate and totally reliable. Can't say too many nice things about it.

gadgetnut259 likes this.
  9. bunk22

bunk22

They are good guns, I have a PPQ M2 5" and it's a shooter.