close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Powered Parachute Kills 2

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Wulfenite, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20040702X00904&key=1

NTSB Identification: SEA04LA119
    14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
    Accident occurred Monday, June 28, 2004 in Wolf Point, MT
    Aircraft: APCO Powered Parachute, registration: None
    Injuries: 2 Fatal.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

On June 28, 2004, approximately 2030 mountain daylight time, an unregistered single-engine APCO airplane was destroyed following a loss of control while maneuvering near Wolf Point, Montana. The non-certificated pilot and his sole passenger were fatally injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed and no flight plan was filed for the personal flight, which was conducted under 14 CFR Part 91. The flight originated from a private airstrip south of Wolf Point at approximately 2010.

According to local law enforcement personnel who spoke with family members related to the pilot, the aircraft flew around for a while, did a tight circle and then fell to the ground where it was consumed by fire.

At 2053, the automated weather reporting facility at the L M Clayton Airport, located approximately 11 nautical miles north of the accident site, reported wind 070 degrees at 6 knots, visibility 10 statute miles, sky clear, temperature 19 degrees C, dew point 12 degrees C, and an altimeter setting of 30.07 inches of Mercury.

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I'd like to see the details on this one.

I wonder how he was flying a PPC under 14 CFR Part 91.

Maybe there's a loophole I need to know about.:)