close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Power-flush in the markets

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TurboRocket, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

So much for the pre-Brown call by Cramer. I hope nobody listened to him. He said something about a "monster rally" if Brown won, for those who may have missed it.

S&P down nearly 60 points in 3 days. :wow: Granted that Obama's sword rattling against financials and the uncertainty over Bernanke's reappointment were the big market movers.

2. KevR

KevR

If you listen and trade on advice from Jim Kramer, you are an idiot. It's that simple.

3. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

Youve illustrated the prob. Obama is loose cannon lashing out at capitalism at random intervals. How can you predict what hell do next?

4. Wickersham

Wickersham

Capitalism it is not.

5. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

He could have been correct, if not for extenuating circumstance he didn't account.

So what channel is your show on? What publications carry your stock predictions and recommendations? What funds do you manage? I would love to read some of your predictions and op-eds. I am sure you are always right, and you make money hand over fist for your investors.

Maybe you can send me a prospectus for the funds you manage, and I can consider letting you manage my investments.

You too KevR. Send me your fund prospectus and requirements to join. What channel is your show on?

6. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

I don't play Cramer's calls but if I did, I would likely short his long calls. Just hoping no one else listened to him.

Obama stills seems to be defiant right now. Even immediately after the MA election, I thought he would be, due to his gigantic ego. Truthfully, I hope he continues, for the sake of the November election. This hope has nothing to do with the markets, really. Just saying.

7. LexDiamonds

LexDiamonds Reloading Fiend

It is silly how many people bash Cramer. He is one of the only people to stick his neck out there with some definite "calls" where a lot of people will waffle around without taking a stance on the market and/or a stock. Cramer is right more often than he is wrong- especially when it comes to the general sentiment of the market.

People also forget- hindsight is always 20/20 when you are playing stocks.

This all being said- I cant believe Obama stuck his beak into the market at such a key time in the recovery... I have lost 1000s in the last few days. I was long GS into earnings and they crushed it... stock whould have jumped a couple of points.. instead I am forced to bail out of GS today after massive losses.. All thanks to Obamas stupid plan to permanetly nerf lending and profit potential in our largest financial instutions.

8. KevR

KevR

If you want a guru to listen to try Warren Buffett. My fav - “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”

9. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

Based on the title of this thread, I was SURE it had something to do with "courtesy flushing" while you're at the local supermarket, poopin'...

Guess I just have too many kids. :rofl:

10. Aurora

Aurora

Don't be too hard on Cramer. The best in the world are only 30% accurate.

V.

11. Bruce H

Bruce H

Too many experts guesses wrong for a very simple reason. I don't think any of them expected the dollar to rally like it has. Brown's election might have been percieved as a change toard fiscal responsibility.

12. TCmofo

TCmofo

Jim Kramer is entertaining, but follow his financial advise? Not so much, I saw the daily show episode when Jon Stewart tore him a new one and he didn't even try to defend himself. I lost alot of respect for him after that.

13. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Obama made his banking regulation announcement in order to quash any rally that might be credited to the Brown victory and prevent his opponents gaining any momentum.

That is the problem with our government, and the fault lies on both sides although IMHO the Democrats are far worse about it; they are so obsessed with "winning" that they are willing to destroy the Republic in order to "save" it. Factionalism carred to suicidal extremes. The people of the United States have become clueless, helpless pawns in a fight between spin masters and power brokers.

14. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

Buffett is an investor, not a trader. He cares less about short-term power-flushes in the market. Totally not the same game.

15. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

That's an interpretation I haven't heard, nor considered. If it is true, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Personally, I don't believe this because I think Obama came out swinging against banks with his $120 billion in fees on January 12th. Coakley still had a decent lead then, IIRC.