Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Crusty Member
11,233 Posts
Depends how much has spilled, what it spilled onto, and how clean that surface was before the spill. If the surface was clean to begin with, and I'm able to, I'll reuse the powder. If not, I keep a roll of clear plastic packing tape in the reloading bench to be used to pick up powder spills, after which I just put the tape in the garbage.

· Crusty Member
11,233 Posts
Has anyone tried one of those bearing kits on an RL550? I find the shell plate sticking occasionally, and then if not careful, when it finally moves, it can bump some powder out of the case as it moves from station 2 to 3. I suspect the proper fix is to just remove the shell plate a little more often and clean it and the top of the ram.

· Crusty Member
11,233 Posts
I

I don't do it this way but I guess you could put the bullet on at station two after the down stroke before turning it.
I don't do that either. I've tried it, and find it awkward. Also, when loading coated bullets, I think it'd be a bad idea. Those need to be seated relatively straight, and the same bump that can knock powder out of the case I suspect could affect how the bullet sits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.