Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,604 Posts
I have been using a shop vac for over 20 years. Still here.
I drove like a maniac when I was younger... still here. Does than mean it was safe?

Well, I guess I am wrong... just like the powder manufacturers who say a vacuum should not be used.

But why risk it when other methods are OK?

· Registered
2,604 Posts
That is garbage. What is unsafe about it? Black powder yes. Live primers yes. Not modern smokeless powder. Static does not light it off. Please espouse to me how using a shop vac on smokeless powder is dangerous. Especially when it is a bypass design. Sprinkle some on a paper plate and light it. Common sense.

The lawyers made your firearm manufacturers state that you should NEVER carry the weapon loaded and always unload it for transport. Do you do that too?
Calm down, man!

OK - you win. :notworthy:

Do anything you want with your powder. I apologize for getting you so upset.

· Registered
2,604 Posts
Cause we will all die? I guess I have been dead many times over, for many years. Doubtlessly, any state I have lived in is just a smoldering glass parking lot now.....
Where did you get the idea that I was suggesting death or total destruction?

I guess burns or a missing eye is OK with you if you don't die.

People do foolish things every day & get away with it... like filling a gas tank while smoking. A few have not been so lucky.

· Registered
2,604 Posts
Put one or two grains of smokeless powder in a ashtray. Light a match and put it on top of the pile. Don’t worry it is not going to explode. When it finally starts burning it looks like sparklers you use on the 4th of July.
A pile of powder is fairly harmless & will not explode, but powder fluffed up & confined in a chamber of air is another thing.

Take a handful of sawdust & toss on a burning candle. Doesn't explode, but makes quite a flash. For that matter, even metal shavings will flash when tossed loosely on a flame. Why would nitrocellulose (or other type of powder) not flash if there is enough of it?

Bob - Going to the Dawsonville match this month?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.