close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Powder measure and dispenser question for Colorado4Wheel

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by kubura, Feb 16, 2010.

1. kubura

kubura

2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

I used to think that you could do it easily. NOW, I don't so much. I think DUDEL did it with a Dillon measure and kept breaking the bushing in the turret. BUT, There is hope. The Pro Auto Disc is a very good measure in my experiance. I would just invest in some extra discs and make the CC's you need for those inbetween loads. In my opionion we need to focus less on gr's thrown and more on consisten CC's thrown. Adjusting the measure in my experiance to chase some perfect gr's thrown results in less consistency over the chrono for my pistol stuff. It would be easy to sand the inside of the meaure open a little. Someone else used a set screw to adjust the volume inside the cavity a small amount as well. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

If you decide to try and replace it keep the mass towards the center of the turret. All you need is any powder measure that will throw a charge and also expand the case. LnL measure can do that with the aftermarket powder PTX die and Hornady's Powder Die.

3. kubura

kubura

Thank you for a swift and helpful reply. :wavey: