Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hmm. I have all on that list inhand, except H335. I'm not too far from exhausting my WC 844, so the H335 is tempting.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Scratch that. $205 plus fees! I can wait.
Yea. Me too. Ammo is slowly becoming more available and coming down in price. It won’t be worth it to buy high now and then ammo come down to reasonable price. I’m still loading at pre-pandemic prices. About 11 cents per round for 9mm.

4000 SPP’s left..........I guess I’ll just keep loading until they are gone. Maybe by the time I shoot all of them up ammo will be back at a reasonable price.

I didn’t load 9mm prior to the pandemic. I was buying Federal Champion for $170/1000 shipped. Wasn’t really worth my time for a few cents per round.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Yea. Me too. Ammo is slowly becoming more available and coming down in price. It won’t be worth it to buy high now and then ammo come down to reasonable price. I’m still loading at pre-pandemic prices. About 11 cents per round for 9mm.

4000 SPP’s left..........I guess I’ll just keep loading until they are gone. Maybe by the time I shoot all of them up ammo will be back at a reasonable price.

I didn’t load 9mm prior to the pandemic. I was buying Federal Champion for $170/1000 shipped. Wasn’t really worth my time for a few cents per round.
I'm a bit of a scrounge. After the prior drought and things became plentiful again I glanced at local classifieds regularly. I found several situations where people were getting out of reloading and fire selling powder and primers. I've also bought people's reloading collections, kept the componemts and gear that I wanted and then sold the rest for more than I paid for all of it.

So the 9mm ammo I shot today consisted of

Primer -- 1.5 cents (Craigslist)
Brass -- free (range pickups)
Powder -- free (bought in a collection of gear that I flipped)
Coated cast bullet -- < 2 cents (cast by me)

Of course none of those deals are around right now, but I figure the novelty will wear off for some of the crop of new shooters and reloaders in 2-3 years and deals will start finding their way to the classifieds again. I have plenty of primers and powder to last well beyond that time.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,528 Posts
I'm a bit of a scrounge. After the prior drought and things became plentiful again I glanced at local classifieds regularly. I found several situations where people were getting out of reloading and fire selling powder and primers. I've also bought people's reloading collections, kept the componemts and gear that I wanted and then sold the rest for more than I paid for all of it.

So the 9mm ammo I shot today consisted of

Primer -- 1.5 cents (Craigslist)
Brass -- free (range pickups)
Powder -- free (bought in a collection of gear that I flipped)
Coated cast bullet -- < 2 cents (cast by me)

Of course none of those deals are around right now, but I figure the novelty will wear off for some of the crop of new shooters and reloaders in 2-3 years and deals will start finding their way to the classifieds again. I have plenty of primers and powder to last well beyond that time.
I just broke open a "new" 10 year old 4# jug from my stash of 320 last night. Haven't shot any of that new jug, but not expecting a problem as it was always stored well.

I think my supplies and I can outlast Biden at least! But mostly because I don't shoot those 20K rounds/yr these days.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
I just broke open a "new" 10 year old 4# jug from my stash of 320 last night. Haven't shot any of that new jug, but not expecting a problem as it was always stored well.

I think my supplies and I can outlast Biden at least! But mostly because I don't shoot those 20K rounds/yr these days.
I was feeling pretty good about my supplies last year, but this still looks ugly. I hope by next summer we see some softening in the primer market but not holding my breath. Still shooting every weekend but its making me nervous.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I was feeling pretty good about my supplies last year, but this still looks ugly. I hope by next summer we see some softening in the primer market but not holding my breath. Still shooting every weekend but its making me nervous.
I was saying at the beginning of this year that I was hopeful that we'd see components by Q1 2022. I'm less hopeful, at this point.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
Primer will be last to show up. Most of the canister powders & available bullets are not used in factory ammo but the primers, all about primers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts