close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pot Luck Lunch Ideas?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Hokie3, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Hokie3

Hokie3

Friday, my work is having a pot luck lunch that I helped organize. I orginally planned to make my Brunswick Stew however, not many people have signed up for any type of "main course" meals and also my stew take 5 hours to make and I don't think I have that kind of time. We have a bunch of deserts, a salad, soup, and lasagna. Help me think of a crowd pleaser dish that I could make for the lunch. I'd prefer something that has chicken or beef in the recipe. Let me know! Thanks,

-Rob

2. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

No time to make Brunswick stew?

Try using a crockpot, no work at all that way.

3. Hokie3

Hokie3

Don't have one. Most of the "work" involved has to do with cooking and shredding a whole chicken, cutting potatos, onions, tomatos, and mashing lima beans. The tomato and chicken stock has to reduce for 30-45 minutes before I can start adding other ingredient then I have to cook for 3.5 hours before I add my final ingredients. I guess it's not so much that it's hard work, but more that it's spread out over such a long period of time. I don't get home from work until 6:30 so it will be difficult for me to get finished with it before I go to bed. Also, I won't compromise the taste of my recipes to save time.

4. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

How about a stroganoff...?

5. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

KFC Crispy Strips are good... Meaty and crispy...

I use the 12pk to make a FAST and great Chicken Parmesan...

Let them do the hard and messy part!

Baking pan...

Layer of sauce (Bertolli's Garlic and Olive Oil), layer of Chicken Strips, some pepperoni slices, Dried Italian Herbs, Chopped Garlic, some grated Asiago, Romano, or Parmesan Cheese, more sauce, good layer of Mozzarella mixed with some Parmesan on top...
    Sprinkle more Herbs...

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 then broil to get the top golden...

It's a knockout!
    Nobody don't like it!

;c

6. grantglock

grantglock /dev/null

I cooked some chicken breasts in a pan with a bunch of bell peppers and onions, salt & pepper and greek seasoning, put it all in a crock pot the next day and let people make their own fajitas, everyone said they were awesome. easy too.