close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Advanced Glock Armorer, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Advanced Glock Armorer

Advanced Glock Armorer

I have tried several times to post a picture, but it won't show. I have tried to do it through under the message section attaching it, but it won't post. I have the picture stored on my computer, I pick the picture and it drops the c:/ and the rest of the stuff there, but no picture. What am I doing wrong?

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Well, the first possibility is that the picture is too large. It must be under 2mb to attach it to a post using Glock Talk's "Attach File" option.

Second possibility is that it's an unapproved file type. Check the list next to the "Browse" button in the "Attach File" block and make sure it's on the list. Some common ones NOT shown on the list at this time are .bmp and .tif files.

Finally, it is possible that it starts to upload, but fails to upload completely. This happens most often if a person is using a slower connection and it times-out and fails to complete the file transfer, or the user hits the "back button" while the file is uploading. After you tell it to upload the file and click "Submit Reply", give it plenty of time to complete the transfer. It should automatically return you to the thread (and your new post) when it is done.

3. Advanced Glock Armorer

Advanced Glock Armorer

I don't think the pictures too big, but what do you do if it is?

On your last paragraph, I don't have a slow connection, but it does not return me to the thread.

I have checked the picture and it is a .jpg file.

So, in this case, how do I go about posting the pictures?

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

How about we try it a different way.

Go to http://www.imageshack.us/

Click the "Browse" button to find the file on your computer, then click "Open" to load it into the upload bar/box.

Click the "Host It!" button. Let it upload the file; it may take awhile. When it's done uploading, a page should appear with a whole list of boxes with addresses in them. These are ways for you to find/display your photo on the web.

Go to the last box, which should be labelled on the right side "Direct link to image." Click anywhere on the address in this box to highlight it (it'll turn blue), then hit Ctrl+C (the control key, hold it down, and hit the C key, then release both). This will copy it to your computer, temporarily.

Open a blank txt file or word processing document/file.

Hit Ctrl+V, and the address that was in the box should now appear in the txt/word processing document. Go to the next line and type a short description of the photo so you will know what picture you're going to get if you use this address at a later date, then save the txt/word document.

Now, when you back to Glock Talk, as you type your response to a post (or open a new thread), click the IMG button above the Your Reply box. A new box will pop up, with some text already in it. Erase this text (hit delete or backspace over it), then use the Ctrl+V command again, and the address you previously copied should appear in the box. Click "Okay" to save it.

When you save the post, the photo should appear in the body or your reply, at whatever point you hit the IMG button.

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

SO I type a bunch of blah, blah, blah, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah, about my .22 ammo collection. Then I hit the IMG button, and put the address of my .22 ammo collection picture (previously uploaded to Imageshack) in the box, hit okay, and then hit Submit Reply. This is what I get:

[​IMG]

6. Advanced Glock Armorer

Advanced Glock Armorer

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try and let you know how I make out! Thanks again

7. Another19

Another19

If you post photos using "Attach file" is the photo copied somewhere on GT?

8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Yes. A copy of the photo will be transferred to Glock Talk's image server, so when people click on the link in your post, the image can be opened for viewing.