Postal Union endorses Biden candidacy

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Vic777

Vic777

B C, tm255 and ExecutiveWill like this.
  2. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

So, the people that will be charged with the proper handling of ~150 million mail in votes (if the dems get their way) have officially endorsed one candidate over another.

What could possibly go wrong ?

ClydeG19, Deltic, JimWillson and 9 others like this.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

tom mac, 6Actual and 686 AR15 G17Fan like this.
  4. nursetim

nursetim

But mail in absentee voting are perfectly safe. :upeyes:

robhic and Lt. Donn like this.
  5. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Boycott those scumbags. They have been running a failed business.model.for years. Let them rot.

treg and Officer's Match like this.
  6. bdcochran

bdcochran

USPS warns 46 states it cannot guarantee mail-in ballots will arrive in time for election.

Snerd posted all that you need to know.

So, here it is spelled out for you:
    1. each state has a cut off date(s) for counting ballots. If a ballot is mailed in, the cut off date may be later - depends upon the state.
    2. there will be a meeting of electors in December, no matter what the headlines say.
    3. any state could have a law that it could mail, use UPS, use FEDX and deliver ballots to people at home, whatever.
    4. if you have concerns that your ballot would arrive too late if you mailed it in, most states allow you to drop off the ballot at some location.
    5. my state does every thing to get people to vote. Like you can choose among about 13 languages, be a permanent absentee voter, go to area special locations and start voting up to 30 days in advance of the official election day.
    6. get used to the fact that there are always armies of lawyers ready to file federal suits about presidential election.
    7. judges decide only what is in front of them. If you live in FL and the law does not allow for the election date to be changed because some category 212 hurricane has wiped out the election, it will not change the date of the election.

NoJoy likes this.
  7. 0311INF

0311INF

Its the union making the endorsement, not the actual Postal Service. Nearly all unions are democratic backers. Nothing new here.
    By the way, I used to carry mail. The union sucks anyway. And the USPS is a total nightmare in many areas, especially in larger cities and even more especially in bad areas where no carriers want to work.
    It'll be a total sh!t show if the mail in voting really happens.

8. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Don't just blame them. The likes elected Dems and GOPs had allowed them to be so, granted they're low on the totem pole list.

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Well, then.

The BLM crowd can be out there slashing all postal vehicle tires to make late deliveries so votes won't be counted? Every system has its weaknesses. Adjust the system so weakness tilt in your favor. LOL

10. jk_226

jk_226

It sure as hell looks like a conflict of interest here.

Put up a vote for Biden poster visible form your mailbox and you're vote will make it in. Have a trump poster and it get's lost in the mail.

SunsetMan likes this.
  11. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I am no fan of the USPS, but in this case I think it is directly related to sheer volume...absentee ballots are a small % compared to whlse mail-in ballots...while [they] may be able to adequately process the former. the latter would completely overwhelm an antiquated system already deeply affected by Wuflu

12. pugman

pugman

And yet when Discover called me on Thursday at 2:00 because my credit card was manually entered in Ohio (I'm in WI) and they declined the charge, they issued new plates and numbers and I had new cards in my hands by Friday at 4:00 pm.

But then again those were delivered by Fedex.

jr24 and kahrcarrier like this.
  13. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

14. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

During the Nevada Primary, I took my ballot directly to the Clark County Election Commision and put it in the box. I will do the same for the General, if I'm forced to use a mail in ballot.

15. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

16. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

17. Pythonman

Pythonman

Can you say Political Conflict of Interest? They should not be allowed within miles of an election.

18. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.

I mailed a check to a business to the next town over from me. 30 miles on the 4 of Aug.10 day later it just now arrived. In the last couple of months I have had a couple of packages that take forever, like weeks to get or don’t make it at all.

If this is any indication on mail in ballets. Good luck. If I can go to Wal-Mart etc. We can also do social distancing at our polling place.

robhic likes this.
  19. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Same here except I got the replacement next day by UPS. I hope the guy in New York enjoyed his $500 worth of Hipp Hopp Fashions. (VISA ate the charge but still ....)

20. marchboom

marchboom

When Trump wins in Nov. the first thing he should do is put the postal service up for the highest bidder. Let UPS, Fedex, etc. take it over. The USPS has lost millions every year for decades and We the People have to foot the bill. This crap has to stop.

BOOSTED12A and tm255 like this.