Possibly moving to MD for new job

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by RWBlue, Apr 17, 2009.

1. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

Back in the '70s, I lived in Suitland, just about 2 miles from where you'll be relocating to.

Even back then, when I walked across the street to the 7-11 store, I put a Chief's Special, IWB and a lightweight jacket.

And that was daytime!!!!!!

The Federal Center at Suitland is behind a big fence, now.

Traffic is a real (female dog) in/around D.C., no matter where you're going.

I drive from Waldorf to Washington, DC, M-F. Everyone sofar, has been spot on with regard to what Maryland is all about, with two exceptions.
    1. If you are EX-LEO, you can get a concealed carry permit (CCP) relatively easily. Otherwise. . . . you must PROVE apprenhended danger.
    2. Maryland has a MANDATORY 7 Day waiting period for handgun and/or 'restricted' rifles/shotguns. Also, to purchase a 'restricted' firearm, you must 'attend' a class on Maryland gun laws, or, be a LEO, or have an approved Hunter Safety Course certificate dated after 01/2006.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

That's about all you need to know. I've lived here 10 years, in the northern end of the state. Its no better. I can't think of a single good thing about this state honestly.

I'm getting out as soon as I find a job, though I'm planning on moving into PA, VA is too hot :)

3. dex

dex Waiting on NWO Millennium Member

The economy is more stable here but it's a trade-off. Anywhere you go during business hours you will hit traffic. The 495 beltway is pretty much always jacked up except for about a 4 hour window between 11 and 2pm. I've worked in IT as a project engineer and have traveled all over both beltways and all the surrounding states. If you can get a job elsewhere I would seriously consider it. My wife and I are trying to get out of MD. It's becoming an unpleasant place to live for many people unless you want to commute 1 hour plus each way to get to work.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  4. Sandflea85

Sandflea85

I w
    I work at the government facility in suitland also. MD is not a fan of protecting your right with a firearm