close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Possible to share guns?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JTSmith, Sep 19, 2011.

1. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

I've got a G17 and a G26 that I plan to shoot in Civ and Sub this weekend at Conyers. I also have a friend who wants to give GSSF a try. Only problem is that he is currently Glock-less. Is there anyway we can share the two guns and both of us shoot 2 classes? I have 8 17rd mags and 2 10rd mags. Thanks!

PS I did try a search, but came up empty handed. Sorry if this has already been answered.

2. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

As Long as he is a GSSF member and registers for the match you can share the guns.

3. lohman

lohman

My son and I shared our Glock 17 and shoot Civ. We had 6 magazines so it was pretty easy, with you having that many mags should not be a problem, just tell the RO when you sign in or they call your name, they are kind of used to some people sharing guns and are easy to work with.

4. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Ok, cool. Thanks for the quick responses, guys.

So will the RO's allow enough time to reload if you only have 2 mags? I'm trying to talk my brother-in-law into going too, but he only has 2 mags for his G29.

5. mike g35

mike g35

I hope you both have alot of fun and wish you both the best of luck!! Make sure to not get yourself in a position where you are feeling rushed by sharing the gun. That could ruin the fun.

6. SARDG

SARDG

Two mags is cutting it close as you need 4 to get through the plates stage. He can get by if he has someone loading his 'off' mag while he's shooting the other. I don't like the idea because there is too much confusion at the firing line - especially with only 2 mags in a 4-mag stage. And it's not really good etiquette to slow the line down.

Also, he could conceivably shoot subcompact with that G29, but that would not work without a Barney mag or mag extensions - so he should shoot Heavy Metal which will also be faster for the person reloading (7 rounds).

Ed's Public Safety will be there and may have G29 mags - though they aren't very popular. If they have them, they will likely be $20 each.

In lieu of that, he could borrow a couple from me - but finding people at these things is often impossible. I went all weekend in Orlando and never found my teammate - and we shoot IDPA together at our club.

If your BIL's shooting the 29, bring plenty of ammo - enough for a complete re-shoot as 10mm may be hard to come by from anywhere other than a personal stash.

7. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Yes, they will allow him to shoot with just 2 mags. Ask if they will allow one of you to reload his empty mag while he is shooting...it will go much faster if he can shoot all 3 strings (4 on plates) without reloading. Conyers is the biggest match on the GSSF schedule and there will be a ton of people there, many shooting multiple entries, so time is precious. Also, consider buying a mag or 2 from Ed's Public Safety...he usually has very good prices on mags and I'm sure they will be on-site. If you are waiting long to shoot, you can talk to those around you to see if you can borrow an extra mag....I've loaned mags to other shooters, and I know I'm not the only one to do this!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  8. SARDG

SARDG

There's an echo in here, echo in here, echo in here... :rofl:

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, it can be done with 2 mags but with a match that is expecting 1000 entries it slows things down usually. They had 744 entries last year. I would recommend a minimum of 4 mags if at all possible. It makes things run smoother and you will also have more fun. Echo Echo Echo:faint:

Don

10. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Thanks again, guys! Can't wait to shoot this weekend!!!

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

You might concider calling or e-mail Ed's and ask them to bring G29 mags to the match. Just a thought!:upeyes:

Dan:cool: