Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
SempreEnHostes
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently posted a used HK45 tac on armslist...probably first mistake. I all of a sudden got this email from the person that said that he wanted to purchase the gun in an email. I had answered a few questions in earlier emails. It triggered all my spidey senses that it is a scam.

Email starts here “Hello Jason , I got confirmation that payment has been mail to you , It will be delivered to your address any day from now.....unfortunately for me the banker mistakenly made a cashier check for $2300.50 instead of the actual amount of the purchase and the funds as already been deduct from my account because it an official cashiers check from my bank. I instructed her to send your actual amount for the item I bought from you and write another one to my cousin..... Upon the clearance kindly deduct the agreed price + shipping and extra $35 for securing the gun for me after which i will make arrangement on how you will get the extra funds send to my cousin.. i will need your immediate response assuring me that i can trust you to handle this with care and have the remaining funds returned appropriately thanks.”

I had posted the gun for $1000 With extras. What should I do?

·
SempreEnHostes
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I had a bad feeling about it just wanted confirmation. I hate trying to sell firearms because of things like this.

·
Daca is caca
3,726 Posts
Have some fun with this. String him along if you have the time

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I just recently posted a used HK45 tac on armslist...probably first mistake. I all of a sudden got this email from the person that said that he wanted to purchase the gun in an email. I had answered a few questions in earlier emails. It triggered all my spidey senses that it is a scam.

Email starts here “Hello Jason , I got confirmation that payment has been mail to you , It will be delivered to your address any day from now.....unfortunately for me the banker mistakenly made a cashier check for $2300.50 instead of the actual amount of the purchase and the funds as already been deduct from my account because it an official cashiers check from my bank. I instructed her to send your actual amount for the item I bought from you and write another one to my cousin..... Upon the clearance kindly deduct the agreed price + shipping and extra $35 for securing the gun for me after which i will make arrangement on how you will get the extra funds send to my cousin.. i will need your immediate response assuring me that i can trust you to handle this with care and have the remaining funds returned appropriately thanks.”

It sound legit to me . just go ahead and complete the transaction . nothing wrong. I would...NOT!.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I've sold several handguns on Armslist. Generally positive experience but there are some real goofs and scams. It becomes entertaining after you get used to them. I've gotten pretty good at separating the real buyers from the goofs and scams. Just takes a little practice. :D

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Have a good laugh then report it. Give the feds the cousins address.
I'm serious, very well could be the govt. Scam hands down! Seen it a few times myself on Armslist. In Ohio face to face with Ohio residents only with proof, CCW preferred, meet and show credentials make purchase with cash. No other way will do.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
i will need your immediate response assuring me that i can trust you to handle this with care and have the remaining funds returned appropriately thanks.”

Respond: "You can count on me to do the right thing."

EDIT-Oh, and later you can tell him you have a friend near the cousin who can deliver the funds personally. See how that goes. I bet the cousin is out of town.

Reactions: combatmedic78

·
Federal Member
29,536 Posts
Lol.
Dear sirs. I sent you the gun and the $2000, but accidentally made it out for $20,000. My cousin is such a Douffus
Please send me the $17,000 back and keep 1000 for your trouble.
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts