Possible new venue in IL for GSSF outdoor events

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by McHale, Jun 1, 2018.

1. McHale

McHale

I'm hoping many of you have been to Buffalo Range Shooting Park by Starved Rock State Park in Ottawa, IL. If not, you need to check it out in person. It's worth the trip.

https://www.buffalorangeshootingpark.com/

Anyway, I reached out to them about hosting a GSSF event and they were enthusiastic about doing it so I got them the info they needed and put them in touch with GSSF. Keep your fingers crossed but so far it looks like it may happen.

I'm hoping some of you guys are as thrilled about this new possible venue as I am.

-Mc

heavyduty likes this.
  2. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Oh man, this would be great! I live in Frankfort and have 4 young kids. Even the drive time to a Chatsworth or Urbana indoor league event keeps me from making the trek on a weekend. A Buffalo Rock event I could definitely get into! I’m surprised they haven’t done it in the past now that I think of it.

I really want to go to some GSSF matches, but gosh darn it they are so far away from the Chicago area.

McHale likes this.

3. McHale

McHale

I have the same problem. All the matches are WAY too far away. I work in Joliet with a couple people who are GSSF members and know there are a few glocktalk people that live in the Ottawa area as well. This would be like a 20 minute drive for me. I'm doing everything in my power to make this happen. I'm staying on top of it until I get a definite yes or a definite no. I know going into this that I'm not good enough to come close to winning any event but I think it'd be a good time and it would help me improve.

Plus, I think if I work the event I get a shirt or a hat or something. :)

4. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

If you need any help,
    Let me know. I’m a video producer and would be happy to help by making a simple promo video or something. The folks at BR are really great!

McHale likes this.