Christian Positive, Uplifting Christian Images and Words...

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by RussP, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Lamentations 3:21-25 KJV
    [21] This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. [22] It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [23] They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. [24] The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. [25] The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

LarryE and JMag like this.
  2. JMag

JMag

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my virtual ball & chain.

LarryE and Vic Hays like this.

3. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

The prophet said what Jesus would do and why and even when and where He would do it. Jesus was the one that appeared on the historical scene at the right time to die for me and you.

Daniel 9:24-27 KJV
    [24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. [25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. [26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

LarryE likes this.
  4. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
    [2] Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, [3] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

LarryE likes this.
  5. JMag

JMag

"One day, Jesus will literally reign on this earth as King. But even before that time, He comes to rule in the heart of every believer. Sometimes Christians try to keep Him exclusively in the role of Savior, but salvation is just the beginning of all the blessings the Lord has in store for us. Only in submission and obedience to Christ’s authority will we be transformed into His image and live a life worthy of His rewards (Revelation 22:12)."--Dr. Charles Stanley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vic Hays likes this.
  6. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

God has promised that He will change us if we are willing. I can think of nothing better than to have a lovely character like Jesus. Meek does not mean weak.

Revelation 19:11-16 KJV
    [11] And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. [12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. [13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. [14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. [15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. [16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS .

7. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

I Praise God for His mercy to me.

Psalm 40:2-3 KJV
    [2] He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. [3] And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it , and fear, and shall trust in the Lord .

8. JMag

JMag

Amen to that!

9. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

To be filled with all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV
    [17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

LarryE likes this.
  10. LarryE

LarryE Lone Star of Texas

1) Jesus is God. "I and My Father are One." (John 10:30)

2) Jesus is the only way to God's heaven. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." (John 14:6)

3) Jesus is the only Savior. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

4) Jesus is identified as the Word of God, and without Him nothing was made (John 1 and Rev. 19:13).

5) Jesus offers salvation to all human beings ("whosoever will"), and curses anyone who adds to or subtracts from the bible (see the last 6 verses of the bible, Rev. 22).

6) Believers in Jesus (also known as Christians) are to do everything in word or deed in the name of Jesus (Colossians 3:17).

7) Believers are to pray to God always thanking Him for all things "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:20).

JMag and Vic Hays like this.
  11. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

12. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

13. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

JMag likes this.
  14. neon

neon

upload_2017-6-6_6-56-25.jpeg

Molly

+++
    The Acts 2:43
    And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

Vic Hays, JMag and LarryE like this.
  15. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
    [16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

16. JMag

JMag

Psalm 103:12 NKJV
    As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

[​IMG]

17. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

18. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Borrowed From The Celtic Christian Tradition web site to be shared with our younger, more idealistic kinsmen.

19105811_1566021813449663_603600109075073388_n.jpg

JMag likes this.
  19. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

20. Vic Hays

Vic Hays