Poser on campus!

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by RENEA, Oct 31, 2005.

1. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

I was sitting outside waiting for the classroom to empty out for one of my political science classes and there was a guy sitting next to me smoking. He stuck up a conversation and the topic of military service came up. He told me he was 23, in the Navy and spoke 6 languages fluently. He also told me he was in "Spec ops" and his rank and training was classifed. I asked him where he went to BUDS and what his class number was. He told me again it was classified and he was on loan to the CIA at "The Farm". At this point I asked him what languages he spoke and he mentioned Russian. I asked him in Russian what color his shoes were & he looked at me and replied "thats not Russian" ;Q ;Q ;Q

this self important moron put out his cigarette & left the AO.... the girl he was trying to impress was in my class and she made the hand gesture of "loser"....;f

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Hey, beat this one! Back in 1992 when I ETSed and started schooling. My first week on campus, a shaggy "vet" came up and asked me for change because I was wearing my Army T-shirt. I was 25 then and this guy was probably a few years my senior. I told him that I don't have any money to spare (my vet-dar was going off) and walked away. The guy cried out in anguish that he was Marine in 'Nam.

3. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

;e This guy isn't fooling anyone.

4. NIB

NIB

It's hilarious when you can tell what movie they got this crap from. `l

5. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

The really pathetic thing is he isn't fooling anyone! Not even the naive ladies...;Q

6. FatBob

FatBob

That's cool that you called him out in front of the lady!

I don't have any cool "after action" stories. The only funny thing that ever happened to me is sometime after I ETS'd, I needed some cash, so I posted a gun for sale on a local forum I watch. One guy said his buddy would contact me, and he did. The guy turns out to be an Army recruiter, he keeps telling me he's an E7, and can't wait to buy this gun. When we meet he shows up in uniform wearing E6 stripes, I called him on it. He asks how I would know? I told him 7 years active duty Army. Turns out he's a reserve recruiter, and he's never been active, or never gone anywere. He tried to start the "Recruiter Talk" on me. I told him the price of the gun just went up $50 and I was late for my next appointment! He quickly paid, and handed me his card. I handed it back to him and told him I wasn't interested. He said "We can just chat about the places we've been and things we've seen!" One thing I've noticed about vets, is the ones that have ACTUALLY seen something, don't ussually want to talk about it, especially with strangers.

He called me a couple weeks later, he asked why I wasn't at our scheduled meeting that day? I told him "Buddy, I don't know why your calling me, but if you can't keep your schedule straight, maybe I should give your station commander a call and have him help you out?" He quickly appologized and hung up.

7. BilltheCat

BilltheCat Quieter Cat Millennium Member

I met a street person once who seemed different to me. Not a drunk or sick looking but definately scraggy and dirty.

He was trying to sell some things. I stopped to chat with him. He needed money and wanted to sell me a medal. He handed me the orders that went with it and I can tell it was real. This poor guy held a silver star and was trying to sell it for dinner money.

I asked him to keep it and gave him $100. I also told him if he called me I would help him with a place to stay and maybe work somewhere.

He never called me. I found it very sad.