Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
20,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The match is on June 6-7, 2009. Let us know if you are going. Be sure to post in the debriefing thread afterward.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I want to go but am not a gssf member yet, can I get set up as a new member there? I just found out about it and don't have time to snail mail the app in and make it. also how much ammo should I bring? nine mm is a pitb to find right now and all i got is 100 rounds

thanks for the info

·
20,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may join at the match. Be sure to sign the special pistol drawing award form for new members. It may be your lucky weekend. It helps to have a total of 150 rounds just in case. Although the match can be shot with only 81 rounds, most competitors require more and some up to the maximum of 107 rounds to knock down all the steel.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll be there. I better be, I'm running it. For anyone that is on the fence about the match, we'll have three set ups of each stage (don't know if they'll all be running, depending on attendance, but they'll be there) a food vendor will be there for lunch each day with dogs, sausages and burgers, and it's Rose Festival weekend in Portland. There are lots of events going on downtown if you want to come early or stick around late.

So everyone knows, the Armorer will only be here on Saturday. On Sunday Tri-County is also hosting a Speed Steel match. This is similar (and shares some of the stages with) to the Steel Challenge. Great opportunity to get two matches in on one trip.

If you have any questions about the match please email me off line since I don't check here all that often. Email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Chuck Anderson

·
Anchora Salutis
2,165 Posts
I will be there. It is my first GSSF match.

I'm staying in Portland for the weekend, plan on shooting the match saturday. An tips on what to do around portland on friday and sunday?

·
20,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are better off with two mags than with trying to use that 33 round mag. You shoot 3 strings at the 5 To Glock and Glock M, but 4 strings at the plates. Many shooters shoot the match with just two mags, some with four. I use ten.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm looking foward to it-I'll be there along with a shooting buddy.

Chuck, thanks for taking the time to run it. The 3X replication of the courses of fire is an excellent idea-particularly regarding the steel plates. That should pretty effectively eliminate the traditional plate bay bottleneck.

I hope to see some of you there.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have at least 3 for Saturday (2 old pros, and a youth) we may get one or two more to join us and if I can get the old crew I'll shoot as a team in addition to Am/Guard.

The commemorative 10 year G-17 I have shot since I won it in Shelton is still working daily, and has earned the nickname "The Qualifier" long story...

Looks like it will be pulling a double shift again this year since our youth shooter will be using it in the match with our group.

I am very happy that we are going to have not just one but TWO (2) GSSF matches in Oregon this year, plus the one in WA. I get to make it a 3-peet like the old days were I went OR, ID, and WA for "Vacation" lol.

Dr. Death, If it's your first time in Oregon take a drive up the Columbia River Gorge to Multnomah Falls. Good day trip for Friday.

on Sunday, go back to the match and shoot it again (lol)

Have a good match all.

Respectfully,

·
Anchora Salutis
2,165 Posts
Dr. Death, If it's your first time in Oregon take a drive up the Columbia River Gorge to Multnomah Falls. Good day trip for Friday.

on Sunday, go back to the match and shoot it again (lol)

Have a good match all.

Respectfully,
Thanks!

I'd shoot both days, but the wife is coming along, so we gotta spend the day together on Sunday. :cool: She would shoot it too, but she is pregnant.

·
Anchora Salutis
2,165 Posts
dr death The rose festavile is going on down town portland. West side of the river on front street. if you are in town you might wanna check it out
What is the rose festival exactly?

I'm staying downtown, so I'll check it out.

Any good gun shops in Portland worth checking out?

·
Registered
264 Posts
WOO HOO just 1 day left, I'm stoked. this is my first ever shooting comp. I am doing this on a shoe string budget so i am only shooting one class, but hey gotta get my feet wet sometime right? see you guys there. I'll be the lousy shooter with an eyebrow ring:freak:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts