Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone go to these? As I understand it, there are branches of C&C cruise-ins around the country, but to be honest, I'm not sure if there are others, or just the one here in PDX. I went with my father this morning to the one in Wilsonville Oregon.

http://www.portlandcarsandcoffee.com/

There's a guy named Danny on YouTube who runs the channel Manusfilms, and he goes every Saturday and films the cruise-ins. He's also a volunteer at the event.

This is today's cruise-in. Turn up your speakers for some great sounds! Pop's Aston Martin is pulling in at the 5:26 mark, and then at the end pulling out of the driveway and away at the 29:45 mark.

Danny is also going to post a video later this week of a walk-around of the Aston that he made today (my father and I were walking around the place at the time, and are not in the video). Should be a few minutes long. I'll post it here when it's up.

But in the meantime, enjoy the video from today's cruise-in!

PS.....that white Audi R8 V10 with the low-profile tires/rims is beautiful!

·
15,498 Posts
I participate in several Cars & Coffees a month during the season. I went to this one today.

AutoMotorPlex 3rd Saturday Car Show June
June 16 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am

The AutoMotorPlex Medina is holding Open House Weekend as part of the Artisan Home Tour. We are excited to join them to showcase the quality, craftsmanship and design of what our owners have built at AutoMotorPlex Medina. A number of new never before seen garages in Medina will be open for the first time. Tours on the hour will be given of these garages. We will also be featuring some rarely seen European cars.

You are invited to bring your classic American muscle, exotic and rare import models for the show. Spectators are welcome and there will be plenty of parking at our neighbor business Loram. Look for the volunteers, signs and other cars parked. Parking on the street is strictly prohibited and you will be ticketed.

As we are new to the Medina community we need to post the following rules. Medina Police will be monitoring the roads and will enforce violations to the full extent of the law.

1. #1 complaint in Medina is speeding. They take it seriously.
  2. Don’t cut through city streets
  3. Excessive noise from your vehicle is ticked at the discretion of Medina Law Enforcement
  4. Parking anywhere other than the AutoMotorPlex and designated areas at Loram is prohibited. No parking on Arrowhead. If you park anywhere outside of these areas expected to be ticketed by Medina Law Enforcement
  5. No standing anywhere on Arrowhead except on the asphalted walking trail / bike path
  6. No drones allowed
  7. No solicitation or dealer displays without permission
  8. Trailers need to be parked in the Loram parking lot
To learn more about AutoMotorPlex Medina visit
http://automotorplex.com/medina/

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I participate in several Cars & Coffees a month during the season. I went to this one today.

AutoMotorPlex 3rd Saturday Car Show June
June 16 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am

The AutoMotorPlex Medina is holding Open House Weekend as part of the Artisan Home Tour. We are excited to join them to showcase the quality, craftsmanship and design of what our owners have built at AutoMotorPlex Medina. A number of new never before seen garages in Medina will be open for the first time. Tours on the hour will be given of these garages. We will also be featuring some rarely seen European cars.

You are invited to bring your classic American muscle, exotic and rare import models for the show. Spectators are welcome and there will be plenty of parking at our neighbor business Loram. Look for the volunteers, signs and other cars parked. Parking on the street is strictly prohibited and you will be ticketed.

As we are new to the Medina community we need to post the following rules. Medina Police will be monitoring the roads and will enforce violations to the full extent of the law.

1. #1 complaint in Medina is speeding. They take it seriously.
  2. Don’t cut through city streets
  3. Excessive noise from your vehicle is ticked at the discretion of Medina Law Enforcement
  4. Parking anywhere other than the AutoMotorPlex and designated areas at Loram is prohibited. No parking on Arrowhead. If you park anywhere outside of these areas expected to be ticketed by Medina Law Enforcement
  5. No standing anywhere on Arrowhead except on the asphalted walking trail / bike path
  6. No drones allowed
  7. No solicitation or dealer displays without permission
  8. Trailers need to be parked in the Loram parking lot
To learn more about AutoMotorPlex Medina visit
http://automotorplex.com/medina/

:faint:

lol, okay, you win! That place is amazing! I am super jelly.... :drool:

You take your M3, right?

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
I have been a regular at them for some time.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts

·
15,498 Posts

You take your M3, right?
Yep. Most times. There's another car condo in Chanhassen that has events .
Chanhassen.png

SH_entrance3.jpg

One of Wifey's co-workers has a man space there.
Eric's Garage_1.jpg

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
I go to the local ones to hopefully see Mustangs spin out and crash.
This is a reality....and the memes are fricken funny.

·
10mm Philosopher
6,105 Posts
Been to few of the regional C&Cs, and several of the 'Old School' MOPAR events. They're fun, the folks are pretty nice, and you see some really neat modern cars along with some very well-preserved muscle cars from the '60s and '70s.

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
10,524 Posts

You take your M3, right?
I hope that picture isn't from a drone.... rules: #6. No drones allowed. lol!

·
NRA & GOAL
3,257 Posts
I best one I've been to is at Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan CT. The town is Ultra wealthy and the cars take over the entire downtown area from 6:00am until noon

http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/

Hundreds of cars show up, and you see as many 60's muscle cars as Million dollar exotics all in the same place. Cars that are museum quality pieces are taken out for the morning and driven. It's true car people (motorcycle people too) getting together for the love of the hobby

They used to do it every other week in season and have now moved to roughly every other month.

here's someone's youtube video from April 2018
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPy21NVteA

·
10mm Philosopher
6,105 Posts
You never know who'll show up, or what they might be drivin'! :eek:

image.jpg

;) :cool: :laughabove:

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Their is a great C&C event in Lehigh Valley PA. Lots of people show up. The city is filled with awesome cars for several hours and then its over before you know if. They started doing themes each month to reduce the total volume of people who show up for the events. Its been growing and has been a great event.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Their is a great C&C event in Lehigh Valley PA. Lots of people show up. The city is filled with awesome cars for several hours and then its over before you know if. They started doing themes each month to reduce the total volume of people who show up for the events. Its been growing and has been a great event.
They have themes at the PDX Cars and Coffee; yesterday was "Cars my father drove", so they displayed all of the classics in the front "premiere/show" lot, which is normally taken up with exotics and customs that stand out.

Speaking of classics....we saw an all original Hemi Road Runner yesterday, along with an original Shelby-signed Cobra. Both were gorgeous! I imagine that Cobra goes for a pretty penny at auction.

·
10mm Philosopher
6,105 Posts
Reactions: Jade Falcon
1 - 20 of 24 Posts