close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ported glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deafdog, May 23, 2004.

1. Deafdog

Deafdog

New to glocks, just got a mod-22,40cal.lvv-it! im now a glockaholic! want another one1 my question any one shot the ported glocks at night? i did'nt get the 22c for fear that a shot at night would be to bright for a good follow up shot. TKS!:cool:

2. trruuck

trruuck www.odmp.org

There is a ton of threads on the forum regarding this...however,

I personally own a G23C. I have shot it at 0100hrs in pitch black, and you can definately see the flash (if you don't blink). This will mess up your night vision. However, when I shoot with ambient lighting (ie: Street Lights, Range Lights, etc.) I hardly notice an affect on my night vision.

The major problem I see of owning a "C" model, is it is pretty hard to shoot from the hip as the muzzle blast comes straight up to your face. And if your not careful, you can burn the hell out of your side.
    Another disadvantage, is the blast coming from the top makes it hard to see your front sight after several rounds. And I have heard (don't know if it's true), but if you have the factory plastic sights, the blast will start to melt your front sight. Like I said, I heard it from the grapevine and don't know if it is actually true.

But One thing I like about having a "C" model, is I can buy a standard barrel and still use it for carry.

All in all, I like my G23C. Have lots of fun with your 22 and be safe.

Matt

3. Cast

Cast

I have a SRT team member that had a ported Glock and he says he's never had any problems with it and he is one of the best shots on the team.