So, the standard opprobrium is to NEVER run a portable generator inside the house. Not even in the garage with the door open! Might kill yourself with CO, they say. But who wants to publicly be running a generator after an event? OpSec and all that...generatorless neighbors showing up to demand their fair share...doogooders perloining it to run Grandma's refrigerator because her medicine needs refrigeraton...angry neighbors asking "What do YOU need your generator for?" So...I got to wondering...what if you placed the portable generator in the fireplace (my little Honda would fit easily) and ported the exhaust up the chimney? Maybe with dryer ducting or similar? And for additional security, made certain your CO monitor was nearby?