close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pork Green Chili Reciepe Please?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by kick_rocks, Mar 2, 2004.

1. kick_rocks

kick_rocks

Hello, I make a good Pork Green Chili, but...I was writing to see if anyone has any Pork Green Chili Reciepe's they would like to share. I have tasted better than mine and want to play with tomorrow nights supper. So, please if you have a good one, share. My Pork is in the fridge defrosting as I type and I really want to smother my Burrito's in a yummy (Something New) chili.

2. General Sherman

General Sherman

You may have a better response asking on a pure food forum such as www.epicurious.com
    I looked in my Coyote Cafe cookbook by Mark Miller and he mentions a green chile powder in one of his pork recipes. I am not familiar with it. I guess it is some ground dried green chili.
    There is a whole cult of chili heads out there, and there is a chili magazine devoted to pepper growing and cooking.

At the Epicurious site there is a recipe for beef ribs in chilpote and green chili sauce which looks and sounds mouth watering. The user reviews are enough to make me try it. You could probably do a variant of that for your pork. They even have a photo of it.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. Let us know how it turns out.

3. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Here's how I made it the other night.

Burn the skins off 20 long green chilis on the grill. Put them in a bag to steam. After 1/2 hour, run them under cold water and strip off the outside charred skins. Seed them and chop coarsely.
    Brown 3#'s diced pork butt in peanut oil. Add 3 large onions, sliced, and 4 cloves of garlic, crushed. Saute for 5 minutes. Add 1 quart chicken stock, 1 tbl. cumin, 1 tbl oregano, chopped chilis and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer partially covered for 1 1/2 hours.
    Add diced jalapenos or habaneros if you want to heat this up.
    I serve this over rice or couscous.
    The nest day when it's really thick, it makes great burritos.