Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Tactically Epic
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have preferances, and likes/ dislikes.

Ive discovered through ownership and experience that several popular choices i dont like.

One, j frames. I find them hard to shoot and brutal in recoil. Rather shoot my ruger lcp2 in 380, easier to shooot accurate and less recoil for similar power.

Also, cant get into pistol grip shotguns, they never point natural, and i like a traditional stock way btter,

Is there poplar, well used classes you dont like?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm not into single action revolvers like the Ruger Blackhawk, and others. Can't get a good grip to keep the gun from slipping in my hand under recoil. (Have to regrip after every shot.)

Also not into black powder guns. I realize there are others who love them, and I appreciate every shooting sport - but I'm just not into it for me.

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Too many to remember.

DA/SA autos
Pump shotguns
Lever guns
Mil-surp
Thumb safeties on carry guns
Black powder anything
SA revolvers
Judge/governor
Shockwave and clones

ETA- after reading my own post, I want to clarify that I don't dislike all of these the same amount. I don't have a use for lever guns or SA revolvers, but respect them. I hate shockwaves and judges.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
22 calibers that aren't 22LR. (223 not included). Why would I want to pay so much more for a 22mag, 22wmd, or whatever other hot 22 load instead of the cheap and plentiful 22LR? The whole draw of 22 for me is price and easy shooting. If I wanted more power I would use a 9mm or larger pistol round or a 223 or larger rifle round.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I guess it would be S&W M&Ps, I just don't shoot them as well as all the others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
  • Stockless shotguns. Just don't see the point, you can't control or aim them.
  • I know it will anger many here, but revolvers. I own two, a 22 and an SP101, but think semi-autos are much better. Reliability and ease of cleaning on Glocks is just as good as any revolver.
  • Single action revolvers in particular. I prefer shooting guns to reloading them, and working through the loading gate is tedious.
  • Super powerful - 10MM, 454 causal, 10 guage. Why? Lots of unpleasant recall for bragging rights?
  • 50 Caliber BMG. You're really going to hump a gun like that through the woods to hunt what?
  • Derringers. Best way to shoot a finger off. ND just waiting to happen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
PCCs. Seriously, I don’t get it. If I’m going to lug a rifle around, I want a rifle caliber. Likewise, if I’m going to shoot a pistol caliber I can do so in the much more handy pistol it was designed for. They just seem like the worst of both worlds to me, the size of a rifle without the power and the minuscule power of a pistol without the smaller size to make it worth it.

That being said, for some reason I can’t put my finger on, I still want one.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Not into center fire competition pistols, IPSC, race guns, whatever. Don't shoot them, don't have any appreciation for them.

·
Registered
32,267 Posts
SKS
Black powder
Single action six guns, except break tops.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don’t like super small .45 like the XDs that I can’t get but 2 fingers on the grip.

Don’t forget the HiPoint

I don’t like guns that completely rip off a design from a known maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
18,942 Posts
We all have preferances, and likes/ dislikes.

Ive discovered through ownership and experience that several popular choices i dont like.

One, j frames. I find them hard to shoot and brutal in recoil. Rather shoot my ruger lcp2 in 380, easier to shooot accurate and less recoil for similar power.

Also, cant get into pistol grip shotguns, they never point natural, and i like a traditional stock way btter,

Is there poplar, well used classes you don't like?
Yep. DA/SA/decocker/Crunchentickers. I had a Smith and Wesson Model 39 for a while and it ewould have been a nice gun if it had been single action and could have been carried cocked and locked.

·
M62/76
12,529 Posts
.22LR replicas of anything
Optics on handguns
Novelty shotguns (SPAS, Kel-Tec etc)
Anything commemorative
Worst of all is the junk that Full Conceal puts out.

·
Registered
32,994 Posts
While I love my Beretta 92, I don't generally like DA/SA semi-autos. I do, however, like DA/SA revolvers.

I just don't see much reason for a DA/SA semi-auto. Either go SA every shot, or go DA every shot. If there was a control to keep it one or the other, that would be fine. But the transition from the first shot DA to subsequent shot SA seems a dumb design.

1911 = good design
Glock = good design
All the DA/SA inbetween = bad design.

Hahaha, LOL, hate me, the OP asked :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don’t care much for red dots on handguns , anything Springfield , RRA or Daniel Defense. Black powder guns , I like to shoot more than clean , cheap semi autos like hi point , jimenez , raven or whatever other brands there are. Ghost ring sights in shotguns. 9mm 1911s.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I was going to post that while there are lots of things I am either unfamiliar with or don’t use as well as I do others, I at least find some interest in most firearms. However, reading through the thread, there are some things I ignore so much I don’t think of them like Judge type revolvers and stockless shotguns.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
mosin nagant
H&K USP 9mm
SMLE
Snub nose revolvers
Nazi marked anything

·
Registered
770 Posts
anything with direct impingement