Glock Talk banner

Popped on a 3.5 lb connector, and now...

974 5
Rigged up my Glock 17, 19 and 26 with double diamond 3.5 connectors...
The sound of the trigger break has gone from a crisp 'tick' to a more firm 'tock."
Sound normal for the mechanism to click different after connector swaps?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
992 Posts
I have 3.5 Ghost connectors in both my G23(3) and G19(4) and to be honest the pull is easier but the break did not change.

You "could" adjust the angle of the connector as it sits in the housing. Be careful. Obviously too much angle will increase pull-weight and too little will NOT engage the striker and the weapon will not fire. I adjust mine a bit on the conservative side, but not much.

Be careful !

· Registered
11,804 Posts
I have 3.5 Ghost connectors in both my G23(3) and G19(4) and to be honest the pull is easier but the break did not change.

You "could" adjust the angle of the connector as it sits in the holder. Be careful. Obviously too much angle will increase pull-weight and too little will NOT engage the striker and the weapon will not fire. I adjust mine a bit on the conservative side, but not much.

Be careful !
My Connectors fit snug in the trigger housing and none of my Glocks came with a Holder.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Have a 3.5 Ghost drop-in in my 21SF along with a 6-lb trigger spring. It needed it badly. Definitely helps, but it's more of a rolling break rather than a firm/clean 'thk' release, which is what I prefer and is still on my Gen 4 26 with a Gen 3 trigger bar (and stock 'dot' connector). I tried a Ghost 'Ultimate' connector in the 21SF, and it was basically like a short double-action-only pull, way too much roll to it even thought it was light. The resulting pull/break in the 21SF is as light as I;d ever want t comfortably go in a Glock trigger unless it was a dedicated target gun or the like.

The stock trigger break on my Walther PPQ is so light that I don't use it a a carry gun.

· Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a 3.5 Ghost drop-in in my 21SF along with a 6-lb trigger spring. It needed it badly. Definitely helps, but it's more of a rolling break rather than a firm/clean 'thk' release, which is what I prefer and is still on my Gen 4 26 with a Gen 3 trigger bar (and stock 'dot' connector).
Yes, that is what I am referring to... The sound of the break is less sharp and more full, like you said, a rolling break. I would call like releasing a rope rather than the rope breaking. Thanks for the input.

· Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for chatting. I see that the change in sound and feel beyond the slightly lighter pull seem to be normal and when I take them for a good work out tomorrow, if nothing blows up, I should enjoy myself with a little better performance.

Only been into pistol (other than revolver) shooting for about seven weeks. Still finding the right finger placement on the trigger to reduce push-drop (right handed, shots drift left and low 50% of the time). I think I found a better form while dry firing this evening. Hope I remember what I did tomorrow at the range.

Good night Glocktarian hordes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.