close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Poor Food Preparation Hygiene - Friends

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Diesel_Bomber, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

My wife and I just escaped dinner plans with a couple friends of ours. Usually when we get there, food is on the table and we dig in. This time we were a bit early and we watched our friends put the finishing touches on dinner while we sipped iced tea.

Holy hell, some people do some disgusting things in the kitchen. It literally turned my stomach to think that we'd eaten there before.

Wife made up an excuse about not feeling well and we bailed. We like them, they're still good people, we just won't be eating there again.

Who else knows someone like this?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Like... Examples? How can we possible answer you internet forum query without concrete examples of the things we can all argue over? ;)

3. Dexters

Dexters

Do you really want to know how few people wash their hands after going to the toilet?

4. Calicowboy

Calicowboy

You probly dont want to know how the 18 year olds working back in the restarants' kitchen handle the food. :wow:

5. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

:rofl:

Very true!

6. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Good point! There's a reason I rarely eat at restaurants...........

Dude would wipe his nose and face on the kitchen towel, then hang it back up, wash his hands, dry his hands on that same towel he wiped his face with, then prepare food.

Watched him push down garbage in his garbage can, wipe whatever he got on his hands from his garbage can on that same towel, and then continue preparing food having never washed his hands again.

Watched him cough several times over the prepared food on the counter, not covering his mouth or anything. You could see the droplets flying out.

I'm seriously disgusted that I didn't see any of this earlier. Wife and I have eaten there several times and not noticed anything amiss. Can't say whether we have or haven't gotten sick from it.

I'm wondering if they just wanted to get rid of us and did it on purpose.

7. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I stopped eating at other peoples places a long time ago because of this. While prepping a meal, I usually end up washing my hands a few times, pretty much whenever I handle raw meats. Also, it always kind of grossed me out when I would see someone use a utensil to taste the food they were making for others and then stick it back in the food to continue cooking. To me, that's like drinking off the jug that others are pouring their drinks from.

As for what goes on in restaurant kitchens..... I spend my work days delivering to restaurant kitchens. I barely ever go out to eat anymore, and when I do, it's to places I've delivered to and have personally seen the food prep areas and food handling of the employees. In the case of restaurants, ignorance really is bliss.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  8. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

My cousin was visiting somebody, and found a (well let's just say it wasn't something made for a GLOCK but shares the name) in the silverware drawer.

9. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Just drink some hose water to raise your natural immunities.

10. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Probably better than 80% of home cooks.

OP, no doubt gross, but doubtful that it was harmful. Yeah it makes it hard to eat when you know about it. Watch some of those travel food channel shows and how people eat all around the world. That's scary.

That being said, I rarely eat at other peoples house.

11. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Meh. Whatever. People are way too squeamish. Gut the fish, rinse the knife in the river, rinse guts off hands in river, eat fish with knife and hands. Haven't seen a shower or a bar of soap for a week. Ain't made me sick yet.

12. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

hey this 21 yo always washes with soap and water then sanitizer. Food prep requires sanitation. You order from my pizza slut you get clean stuff. Eat at my house, same deal

13. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

My son delivers to most of the eating establishments around here, and sees the kitchens. He tells me which ones to avoid. Some of the ones he refuses to eat at look real nice out front, but the food prep, or the people doing it are a disaster.
    I also know a local couple that was working in several different food joints. They live in a dry shack. No running water, and not even an outhouse. They crap on the ground. Seriously nasty people. They both recently retired to a life of ease on the public dole. SSDI and everything that goes with it for being alcoholics.

14. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I'm not squeamish so I don't worry about it

15. lno762

lno762

Pretty lucky to get yourself a "clean pizza slut" those bishes usually be all dirty n diseased :)
    Sorry, I couldn't resist....

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

With all due respect, you'd last about an hour in elk camp. HH

17. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

:rofl::rofl:

18. shootingrn

shootingrn

This reminds me of the time we caught my grandmother pouring milk back in the bottle from her drinking glass.

Sent from my iPhone in the center of my mind.

19. goldenlight

goldenlight

You really, really need to stay at home all of the time, breathe ONLY air that's been filtered through a HEPA filter, have your groceries delivered, and cook EVERYTHING you eat in a pressure cooker, for at LEAST 3 hours.

What you 'witnessed' goes on in the food prep area of EVERY fast food and sit down restaurant in the USA, every day of the year.

Your immune system: what's it for again?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  20. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

:headscratch:

So your cousin found a Glock holster for a 1911? :dunno:

eta: OHHHHH!!! I gotcha. That's naaaaaaaaaasty.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012