Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just completed my P80 subcompact build. It was not my 1st attempt at an 80%. I’ve done some AR lowers & a P80 full size. The subcomact was extremely challenging. Not because it’s subcompact, but because the holes didn’t line up. I had to drill the holes in the rear rails out 1/32. That’s a lot! I have since learned that some of rails shipped with the G19 kits were off by 1mm. 1/32 is really close to 1mm. Fortunately, there was enough meat in the rail to drill it.

The next problem was with the locking block. The frame-block holes were off by a couple of thousandths. Just enough to stop the pin dead. I had to taper one end of the pin to get it started. The holes were close enough to get the pin in once it was started, but it is tight.

The jig was tight, & I used a drill with a built in level to drill the holes. I’m reasonably sure I didn't create the issues.

The full size kit went together so easily, I was taken back with the issues I had with the G26 kit. I never contacted P80, I guess I’m stubborn. I wanted to try everything before calling. It’s together now & it fells good & runs well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
See my thread here: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/polymer-80-g17-build.1700839/

It's been more than a month since I contacted Polymer 80 with the same kind of problem and still no new frame. In that time I've spoken to both Shannon and Mark there and they both agreed that the frame and the locking block should be replaced. The holes in my frame and in the locking block were so far off there was no way for me to get the pins in place. These kinds of problems indicate a poorly run manufacturing operation.

Their tech support line is never open and I've sat on the phone several times for more than an hour waiting for anyone in their tech support function to answer so I could get some insight on what is causing the hold up. No luck. Me thinks they must be getting lots of calls about this very thing.

I'll keep trying and update my thread when anything changes.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have run across something similar also.
I cant complain about their support just yet. I have contacted both of them, but haven't yet followed up on my part due to a busy schedule. That has slowed down, so maybe this week.

It is probably tough for them being the final product also depends on the customers skill level.
I saw a youtube video that the guy building an ar15 complained about the company's lower and jig and even titled it as a complaint.
After watching his video, I was glad I wasn't in the same building with him.
My latest was a subcompact. Tough build, but works great.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd definitely contact them. I've only had to contact them once and the response was fast, courteous and I was completely taken care of. Been thinking about a subcompact build so hope this isn't the case for all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts