Here's my G19-size P80...

Non-OEM parts :
Polymer 80 frame
Brownells slide
KKM barrel
Overwatch TAC trigger
Wolff RP safety plunger spring
LWD safety plunger
LWD channel liner (slightly larger I.D. than OEM)
Wolff 4lb striker spring
DelTac trapezoid slide lock lever
Steel City magwell....made for the P80 G19....not adapted

Noteworthy parts :
Standard length OEM mag catch (extended not needed on this frame)
OEM "Dot" connector (performance similar to OEM "Minus" connector)
OEM 5lb trigger spring (why mess with success)
OEM standard slide stop lever (like)
OEM RSA (requires less clearance)

Trigger performance :
Reduced reach (LOP)
Very short take-up
Defined wall
Average pull weight is 2lb - 4oz
Very short reset
I like it there for a range gun, but I would bump it up to 4lb+ for a SD gun

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Nice . I also built one and it is one of the best feeling pistol I have , in my hand . No problems yet with mine with about 150 rounds so far .

Reactions: DirectDrive

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Very nice build . As far as slides a few places I’ve found them are gunbroker.com , gunsamerica.com or ar15.com equipment exchange gun parts and accessories section. Lots of slides and Glock parts for sale on ar15.com . I myself prefer the ergonomics of the polymer80 over the Glock. Now time for the pf45 build.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice build . As far as slides a few places I’ve found them are gunbroker.com , gunsamerica.com or ar15.com equipment exchange gun parts and accessories section. Lots of slides and Glock parts for sale on ar15.com . I myself prefer the ergonomics of the polymer80 over the Glock. Now time for the pf45 build.
Good luck finding a large frame slide for that PF45 for a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Cost is the reason I only did the one . I have more in it than I can get a used LE trade in . That is the bad side of the P 80 build . Seems to me the prices of the upper parts went up drastically . Parts are out there but at a good price takes some looking and being at the right place at the right time . Good luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
Very nice build DirectDrive, and thanks for the parts list. Sounds like this isn't your first rodeo with a p80.

I'm just starting out and went with a full kit (comes with assembled slide) in the G17 size. I really like the feel of the frame on these compared to the stock glock. From there I want to build a G26 and G19 size and may pick and choose parts for them.

And, I'd like to find a greenish frame for my wife to build. It looks like there is an OD green available. That might have to do, but I wish there was a brighter green. Oh well, no complaints. Its taken me awhile to realize (accept?) that I like working on guns almost as much as shooting them.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice build DirectDrive, and thanks for the parts list. Sounds like this isn't your first rodeo with a p80.
Thanks for complimento.
That is my first P80 but I have done a G19 and G17 using bare Glock frames.

I'm just starting out and went with a full kit (comes with assembled slide) in the G17 size. I really like the feel of the frame on these compared to the stock glock. From there I want to build a G26 and G19 size and may pick and choose parts for them.
These are worse on your wallet than building ARs and they're easier than ARs, which are easy themselves.
There are so many aftermarket parts to choose from....good ones and crappy ones.
On my first build, I used upper and lower kits from Midway, which had the best price.
I ended up not using several parts as I got educated on what I wanted.

What I do now...
1) I will have an aftermarket parts list that I know I want and I get that.
2) For the OEM Glock parts, I download and print off the Glock Armorer's Parts List.
I go through that list with a highlighter and highlight all the part numbers that I need.
Then I go shopping.
It seems to take at least two vendors to complete the list with out of stock items and what not.

The parts list that the P80 above uses is pretty representative of what I look for in parts for a conservative build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.