Glock Talk banner

Polymer 80 Barrel Issue

17373 Views 57 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  JAA
Completed a Polymer 80 build ie Glock 19 Gen 3without issues. After successfully putting 30 rnds down range cleaned gun. Noticed that there were gouge marks on each side of the barrel near the breach area that contacts the locking block. Put another 60 rnds through with no discernible difference in the gouges. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Look forward to your thoughts
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
6,093 Posts
Working on one.
I have ordered a slide, bbl and slide parts from 80percentGlock.com.
I am also waiting on some frame parts as well from Midway (slide lock spring is OOS).
Will keep an eye on this when I get it all together.
I do NOT plan to polish the slide rails unless necessary for FUNCTION as I want a tight fit otherwise.
Also I have ordered Magpul mags...hope they work!

· Registered
6,093 Posts
P80’s ordered off the internet would be far more tracable than paper 4473’s. In a true confiscation situation, lots of FFL holders will likely have accidental fires break out in document storage rooms. The electronic orders for P80s leave an everlasting, traceable trail on the other hand.
I have thought about this also.
The ATF could find out who bought these!
However I did this simply because I'm a tinker-er. :)

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Working on one.
I have ordered a slide, bbl and slide parts from 80percentGlock.com.
I am also waiting on some frame parts as well from Midway (slide lock spring is OOS).
Will keep an eye on this when I get it all together.
I do NOT plan to polish the slide rails unless necessary for FUNCTION as I want a tight fit otherwise.
Also I have ordered Magpul mags...hope they work!
The Glockstore has the slide lock spring in stock for $3.49 plus shipping.
Good luck with your build. Will be interested in how it turns out specifically whether or not you get barrel gouging. Got my slide from 80percentglock also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,093 Posts
The Glockstore has the slide lock spring in stock for $3.49 plus shipping.
Good luck with your build. Will be interested in how it turns out specifically whether or not you get barrel gouging. Got my slide from 80percentglock also.

Thanks,
Just ordered one and cancelled my backorder!

· Registered
3 Posts
So when purchasing an OEM barrel, what barrel (part #) should I buy. I'm seeing a couple of different options for Glock 19 barrels. I know nothing about Glocks in all honesty. I just liked this DIY project, and decided to give it a try.

· Banned
2,720 Posts
So when purchasing an OEM barrel, what barrel (part #) should I buy. I'm seeing a couple of different options for Glock 19 barrels. I know nothing about Glocks in all honesty. I just liked this DIY project, and decided to give it a try.
Part# SP03577

Start here http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1355789&CAT=802

You can also find OEM G19 barrels on ebay.

Also:
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/glock-barrel-sp03577-p-72122.html

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock-barrel-sp03577-p-17287.html

· Registered
209 Posts
After reading this thread I decided to check my barrel. I have the same wear marks on my SilencerCo threaded barrel but not to the same degree as in the video or other pictures. I have over 1k rounds through my P80 build with a OEM slide and other than the first 10 rounds I have not had any other issues I really like the P80 frame and the whole concept of DIY Glock. My only complaint is the fact that it will not fit in any of my holsters. I am considering filing the rail and triggerguard till it fits.

· Registered
3 Posts
Another question. Is it possible that the locking block will only mar the barrel to a certain point? I filed the locking block some, and the barrel some (mainly the edges that bulged and were marking the slide). I'm going to run about 300 rounds through it tomorrow, and will report back if the barrel is worse off, or in the same condition. The first 200 rounds had NO performance issues when it came to cycling rounds, and spitting lead.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Another question. Is it possible that the locking block will only mar the barrel to a certain point? I filed the locking block some, and the barrel some (mainly the edges that bulged and were marking the slide). I'm going to run about 300 rounds through it tomorrow, and will report back if the barrel is worse off, or in the same condition. The first 200 rounds had NO performance issues when it came to cycling rounds, and spitting lead.
Put another 150 rnds through my Diamond Diamond barrel since last post. No discernible difference from previous phots/wear.

· Registered
6,093 Posts
Mine after 500rds, shows no wear other than the top front of the bbl hood where the slide rubs over it when fired. Just looks polished there. Normal.
Mine is a SS slide and bbl from 80percentglock.com.
Not sure of the actual maker.
Material property Door handle Fashion accessory Gadget

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Mine after 500rds, shows no wear other than the top front of the bbl hood where the slide rubs over it when fired. Just looks polished there. Normal.
Mine is a SS slide and bbl from 80percentglock.com.
Not sure of the actual maker.
View attachment 411203
Looks good
Congrats on a great build. Going to have to explore barrel mfgs further.
Thanks

· USS Texas BB-35
4,639 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that Polymer 80 had locking block issues with the first gens that caused this, was this one of the newer aggressive stippled frames, or a first gen?

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I thought I read somewhere that Polymer 80 had locking block issues with the first gens that caused this, was this one of the newer aggressive stippled frames, or a first gen?
I was told by Polymer 80 mine was post locking block issues. But as I stated in the beginning they told me this was normal wear & tear. Bottom line, can’t tell you for 100% certainty based on their comments.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.