Glock Talk banner

Polymer 80 Barrel Issue

17368 Views 57 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  JAA
Completed a Polymer 80 build ie Glock 19 Gen 3without issues. After successfully putting 30 rnds down range cleaned gun. Noticed that there were gouge marks on each side of the barrel near the breach area that contacts the locking block. Put another 60 rnds through with no discernible difference in the gouges. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Look forward to your thoughts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,187 Posts
I’ve seen them before on others P80, including mine as well probably not as deep as yours but they are definitely there also mine has only 100 rounds through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Honestly I’m not concerned about it the gun works flawlessly.
I have a glock slide with an aftermarket barrel, and the only marks I have on mine are the ones at the bottom I’m guessing it is from the locking block when the barrel drops. Probably at some point will ask P80 about it but I’m happy with it.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
if you have tapatalk on your phone is easier. Reply to the topic then press the icon circled down below then just select the pic from your phone gallery.

these are from another member, he has a silencerco barrel same as I do. Mine shows some wear too at those points.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Don’t disagree. Don’t like how the Glocks fit my hand. Prefer the Polymer 80 1911 type fit much better in my hand with the additional benefit of being able to tinker around with it while almost doubling the cost of a Glock 19.

That’s exactly why I decided to build one in fact like it so much that built two. The P80 grip is awesome. I have been shooting my g19 a lot and gouging hasn’t progressed. I believe that aftermarket barrels have less tolerance, I noticed a bit more of play with the factory barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.